Hi all

Here is my latest project - a gentleman's cross body bag.

It's the first time I've tried a cloth lining and used british oil cloth (thanks Huns!). Lining includes a zippered pocket (also a1st), 2 pen pockets, 2 phone/wallet size pockets and a full width pocket with leather covered press stud. All trimmed with leather. Molle grimloc carabiner for keys completes the inside spec'.

Leather is saddle tan dyed veg tan shoulder with waxy side for the front flap & back newspaper pocket. All hand stitched using Tigre waxed thread. This is the 1st big project I've completed with Tigre and although it's good Id like to try some Sajou Lin Chinois to see what its like to work with top quality linen thread.

Strap is 50mm heavy cotton webbing with Austrialpin riggers buckles. Expensive, but I think they're worth it. I made the strap detachable with male & female ends so it can be used as a belt in an emergency or fitted to another Spindrift bag!

I'm really pleased with how the grab handle turned out and will use the same design again.

I also made a couple of my trade mark smart phone holders which can be attached to the shoulder strap or the one on the flap.

As always there are things I'd do differently next time but overall I'm really pleased with how it's turned out.

Again as always your comments as to how I could do things differently/ better would be greatly appreciated.

Spindrift

post-39933-0-31817200-1433283278_thumb.jpost-39933-0-60717900-1433283320_thumb.jpost-39933-0-41199000-1433283453_thumb.jpost-39933-0-85454400-1433283478_thumb.jpost-39933-0-86724100-1433283498_thumb.j

Edited by Spindrift57

Very nice!!!!

Very nice!!!!

You need to flip the pictures so their upright.

Nice! I like it!

Thanks guys, pleased that you like them. What's really nice is that it looks like I've got a commission on the back of it!

Dirtclod- nice of you to point that out. However, they are the right way up before I attach them and when they open on my I-Pad but upside down in the panel. No idea why. Oh and by the way it's "they are" or "they're", "their" means belonging to someone as in "their bags". We can all be picky.

Edited by Spindrift57

Lol spendrift57

Thanks guys, pleased that you like them. What's really nice is that it looks like I've got a commission on the back of it!

Dirtclod- nice of you to point that out. However, they are the right way up before I attach them and when they open on my I-Pad but upside down in the panel. No idea why. Oh and by the way it's "they are" or "they're", "their" means belonging to someone as in "their bags". We can all be picky.

I think it depends on what is used take the pictures. Sometimes pictures taken with mobile devices don't encode the orientation the same way the websites do. Someone who actually does this stuff professionally may be able to give you a better explanation.

I also like the fact that you are a stickler for grammar. It does bother me constantly in forum posts, but I rarely point it out.