bai

Pfaff 3334 Bartacker

Does anyone here happen to be an expert in 3334 bartackers? I have one I'm trying to setup and I'm having a bunch of stitching issues. The machine itself is in excellent condition, so I'm guessing its something to do with timing or part wear in the tension etc.

Hi Bai

I recently rescued one of these put out on the street. I had a few issues but seem to have solved them in the main. I'm still working out what it can and can't deal with.

I did need to change to a thinner thread than what's on my pfaff 545 and consew 226 to get a clean tack, and it is happy only to a certain thickness of material. I went to an M30 thread (thats the metric - I think its a #69 thread american) with a 110 (imperial 18) needle to sew a thick webbing to a D1000 codura glued to sheepskin. It stitches this ok with the cordura side up, wool side down. If I add a second layer of webbing I get a mess and tangle on the bottom.

Im still experimenting, and have bought thinner thread (M40 - is this getting close to a #46?) Im still finding the different size systems confusing....

Essentially Im finding you need to match the thread size (and needle) to the work.

Hope this helps.

rgds Ken

Edited by gunk

Thanks,

I wasn't having luck with 69 thread - I found someplace to send the machine for repair, its driving me insane not being able to figure it out. I think theres some wear and timing issues.