JLSleather

Holster Patterns

I certainly appreciate all your patterns, I can't thank you enough, I dressed up this one with some basket weave:

Picture%20002_5_1.jpg

Your Avenger style:

Picture%20019_1.jpg

and the mag pouch:

Picture%200180.jpg

This is my Glock 35 that I used to wet form the holster.....I will modify the pattern for the extra barrel length:

Picture%20016.jpg

Picture%20011_5.jpg

Lookin' good there ;)

With all the Christmas stuff winding down maybe I can get back to laying out more of these!

Thank you soooo much for the patterns and the knowledge. Enjoy your break when you get it!

Coming soon:

Avenger style for the M&P Shield, and 3" 1911

JLS,

I agree with Johnny Dingus...your contribution in knowledge via patterns and advice is most appreciated!...a real contribution to the leather working community. Here's one for a Sig Sauer P250...I used the G19 pancake pattern as a starting point.

Merry Christmas!

Chris

post-43395-0-17846000-1449598228_thumb.j

Edited by Double Daddy

Cool. ... IMPROVE and adapt! I gotta P250 to make myself... got half way in and got reminded it's for the compact... oh, well :blush: My own fault for taking orders after I said it was vacation time!

I have to agree with everyone. Nice to have these patterns even to use as a starting point. I even had to take him up on the Black Friday deal on his patterns, that was awesome. Thanks Jeff, and by the way- how did you know I was looking for this 1911 single stack pouch? :cowboy: Enjoy some time off.

Hoiiday tip: FLIP them things fer the lefty version (most cases) ;)

Y'all read the fine print on them patterns, now. They's free fer the gittin', but no toolin' / stitchin' / formin' on Christmas! Look up from the bench... some of you will see babies! (if your 'babies' are in their 30's, that still counts!).

93 downloads on the ss mag pouch (45)? Guess I was expecting more like twice that ...

JLS,

Just purchased a Glock 43 and see you have a pattern for the G43 magazine pouch. Plan on purchasing the pattern now and wondering if you have a kit of the leather pieces available too?

Also, do you have a CC type holster pattern for the G43 available?

Thanks for your time.

Plan on purchasing the pattern now and wondering if you have a kit of the leather pieces available too?

YEP. You can get the pattern, or you can get the precut parts WITH the pattern ... either way.

Also, do you have a CC type holster pattern for the G43 available?

YEP. You can get the pattern, or you can get the precut parts WITH the pattern ... either way.

Send me a message through here, or through about any of the sea of links under my post ;)

Edited by JLSleather

That mag carrier holds the single stack '9' from Sig. I see ads and postings saying pouches fit "single stack this" or "double stack that". Keep in mind these are NOT interchangeable. While some patterns may allow the forming of more than one model, not all mags of the same caliber are the same. This isn't any big secret, but it does seem that at least some are misled by bad info "going around".

This is part of the problem with our society today,

People lack common sense,,,,,,,

Great patterns and ideas by the way, thank you, like the stuff on your site, wish i had found you first, i paid for downloading holster and mag patterns elsewhere,,,,,

Oh well, live and learn

Thanks, and you're welcome.

Incidentally, I'll sell you some too ;) I just don't think a guy outta git charged for askin' a simple question! I've seen those "deals" where you pay for a pattern, then pay again for the instructions to use it !#$!@#%!

Edited by JLSleather

Reading through you're Basic Pancake Style Holster Making notes this morning and wonder if you would mind telling me what your preferred brand of contact cement is? If temperature is important I keep my workshop at around 60 degrees. Im a skin flint when it comes to the heating bill.

Thank you very much for your help and the quick service. A pleasure sir.

Off now to look for some how-to threads about wet forming.

Patrick

Edited by splinters

Wet forming? Get it wet, and form it ;)

Seriously, folks wanting to get ya to watch videos, pay for instructions, subscribe to channels... blahblahblah ;) I've seen a good many - largely a complete waste of time. If a guy HASTA watch some video or such, the only one I've seen that was worth viewing was that one guy....

Seems like a decent fella, and though he may be a bit verbose (or maybe that's necessary to keep the pace) he actually DOES show the required information. (Some videos and printed guides, you paid, and still didn't get the info you needed).

Not to say I'm endorsing everything the guy is doing, but that video is worth viewing.

And I've been using Barge cement. 60° won't hurt it, just dry a bit slower than my 72-deg shop. But it IS smelly, and so we've been waiting for Art and Aaron and whoever else it was mentioning Renia to TELL US WHERE to get it ;)

Edited by JLSleather

These holster patterns are being moved over just a bit. Still in an etsy shop, but not the same one. I'll update the links once that's taken care of, but some of you who have them bookmarked... not to worry - - they're still available and there are more coming!

:sign23:

Wait.. what?? :dunno:

Thank you for posting your hard work up for all to enjoy! If I may ask ,What software program are you using to produce the patterns?

Combinations of graph paper and whatever else i can work in ;) Sometimes adobe, sometimes microsoft, etc. I downloaded inkscape (due to multiple mentions here) but haven't installed it yet. Not looking forward to learning new software from scratch, but don't like the idea of adobe going to subscriptions, either.

They're saved with PrimoPDF, which seems to work okay(ish), but I think I'm going back to Acrobat Pro.

Thanks for the Info. Your Patterns have a very nice Pro polished look. :thumbsup:

Thanks. Always looking for ways to speed that up... sometimes I know what I want, but takes longer than I like getting it on the paper!

Avenger style holster and single mag pouch coming for the SW shield in the next couple of days! ;)

Thank for the 1911 I used it for BHP Brown Hi-power work out great for my first one I every made. Just down load your shield and LCR holster.

Thank you for starting me in the right direction !!!!

Edited by rockus