JLSleather

Holster Patterns

Welcome fellas - and thanks for the 'attaboy' ;)

Pattern up for the mag pouch to match the S/W shield. With or without sweat guard. Sold at half price for the weekend because... well... cuz i can ;)

post-13153-0-97298400-1452994919_thumb.j

https://www.etsy.com/listing/264070359

Woohoo... 1600 free Glock 19 / 23 holster pattern downloads! Got a picture, or a link to your picture? Let's see the finished goods ;)

post-13153-0-37903600-1453139333_thumb.g

Edited by JLSleather

Here are my JLS holsters made from his patterns....

post-37910-0-13371400-1453650885_thumb.j

post-37910-0-60398400-1453651005_thumb.j

post-37910-0-29243700-1453651223_thumb.j

Once again muchas gracias for the patterns....just finished these up. I took the liberty of extending the mag pouch pattern to accommodate a double and added the accent piece with the basket weave.

Keith1%201%20of%201.jpg

Keith4%201%20of%201.jpg

Those are awesome! Great stitch work as well!

Once again muchas gracias for the patterns....just finished these up. I took the liberty of extending the mag pouch pattern to accommodate a double and added the accent piece with the basket weave.

Keith1%201%20of%201.jpg

Keith4%201%20of%201.jpg

Shhoooot.. did I just get embarrassed? :blush: That's lookin' purdy good - but does that work okay with the bullets "backwards" ? Personal preference maybe --

Still, these designs are MEANT to be customized to suit you, so have at 'er ;)

Shhoooot.. did I just get embarrassed? :blush: That's lookin' purdy good - but does that work okay with the bullets "backwards" ? Personal preference maybe --

Still, these designs are MEANT to be customized to suit you, so have at 'er ;)

Thanks for bringing that to my attention guess I fliped the pattern backwards when I drew up the double pouch design.

So,.. how much interest do we have for "80/20" pancake holsters? By that, I mean most of the pancake styles you see are "flat", or "50/50".

• "FLAT" .... with the back piece perhaps laid on a table and the "front" or outside piece molded over the weapon. The curve of the body is largely done with the 'wings' ONLY;
  • "50/50"... involves two pieces -- front and back - which are quite similar. The stitch seams are basically a 'meet in the middle' situation.

Lately, I get requests for holsters with some curve, but with the seams closer to the body. SOME people (usually with narrow waists) find that the smaller guns can tend to bind at the front site on a '50'50' holster. Just the nature of pancake holsters, which is made worse the closer the slots are to the firearm. So, it becomes a trade-off... trading function with belt real estate (foot print).

The answer it would seem is an '80'20' holster. Accomplished by making the same general type construction as the '50/50' but with the front or outside piece made larger to wrap partially around -- past the center line of the weapon. Perhaps the easiest way to describe it is to show it (?).

post-13153-0-06958400-1454099564_thumb.j

Looking down the back end of the Glock 43 RH. Some 'natural' curve in the rig, NOT 'flexed' around to accomodate a belt or line up the slots (which is done frequently and leads to the issue described).

A word about Etsy and how it works over there ...

These pattern files are currently available on Etsy due to bookkeeping concerns (I pay a small fee, but I don't calculate international taxes). Some of you are now asking .. SO !@!@$#$%!??! :)

There are files available FREE on my web site, which are also available on etsy for a small fee (like 50¢). This is not a mistake, it's just that they can't be listed over there for free,and I'm not even allowed to tell you that they are available "off - etsy" in the listings. BUT, they are there so those who are downloading other files ANYWAY can just get those there without going to another site.

SO THEN... DO check the web site for the FREE ones FIRST ...

So,.. how much interest do we have for "80/20" pancake holsters? By that, I mean most of the pancake styles you see are "flat", or "50/50".

• "FLAT" .... with the back piece perhaps laid on a table and the "front" or outside piece molded over the weapon. The curve of the body is largely done with the 'wings' ONLY;
  • "50/50"... involves two pieces -- front and back - which are quite similar. The stitch seams are basically a 'meet in the middle' situation.

I would be interested to see the 80/20. I've made a few holsters for myself only, all for 1911 or Hi Power for duty wear plain clothes. I use the same pattern for both weapons, molding is the only difference.

So,.. how much interest do we have for "80/20" pancake holsters?

I am interested in a 80/20... in fact that is the one of the reasons I am here. I was google searching for patterns, specifically 80/20 patterns. ( although I was not sure the correct terminology until I got to the quoted post)

Aaron

'80/20' may not be in any textbooks.. just sumthin seemed like it might make sense to folks ;)

A few revolver holsters to finish up and a couple of belts to carve, and maybe I can get back to the "drawing board"....

Edited by JLSleather

Originally planned for some gal's purse, simple enough to make this fit in a front pocket ...

Sig_P938_Pok1.pdf

OOOPS... that makes this holster, even tho "reinforcement' is spelled no so goody ...

post-13153-0-51592300-1455056535_thumb.j

Edited by JLSleather

Sig P938 Avenger download up on the site now. $0.00, + tax if you're in IA ;)

Thank you so much for the patterns! Still learning but i will keep trying!

Glock 42 Avenger style holster pattern now available, too (HINT: look under 'glock").

Thank You Sir.... Class Act

Welcome -- more coming soon!

WOO HOO ... 2000 downloads of the G19 / 23 pancake holster pattern. Still, you boys n girls slipping on the G42...less than 100 downloads!

Oh, yeah... and also the very quick and easy POCKET holster for the Glock G42 .. don't forget that one ;)

Which ya think is more popular, and you'd prefer to have on ya --- 1911 3", or the Glock 43? I mean, if you had somebody was fixina give ya one, as in free, which way do ya go?

1911 3" , been looking at these lately!

I would go with the 1911 over the Glock every time... but that is just me.

Aaron

1911 cause I already got an M&P shield. I like 1911's