JLSleather

Holster Patterns

Yeah,like they say.. what's good for the leather maker is good for the holster maker ... er sumthin like that.

But you keep talkin' bout fishin' and i aint never gonna git no work done ;)

Oh, wait... lemme guess... you spent the mornin' choppin' the front half off'n all yer pancake holster patterns! :rofl:

8 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Yeah,like they say.. what's good for the leather maker is good for the holster maker ... er sumthin like that.

But you keep talkin' bout fishin' and i aint never gonna git no work done ;)

Oh, wait... lemme guess... you spent the mornin' choppin' the front half off'n all yer pancake holster patterns! :rofl:

Not yet !!  :) that has to come this weekend. I can't keep up with demand so I gotta do some work before I can pull out all my patterns and start chopping. For some reason people are excited about the silly things I make and I cant make it fast enough..... But a choppin I will be this weekend!! Oh a choppin I will be.

Edited by Boriqua

That works!  "cant keep up" is good .. long as it aint continuous, non-stop thing.

Welcome - glad to do it.

See, this is how it's done... ya git a free pattern, then ya make the holster, then you either use the holster or sell it and pocket the money yerself.  Then when ya come back to the forums, ya POST A PIC ;)

Edited by JLSleather

Exactly.  The way I figure it is that If someone is kind enough to give you a pattern for free, the least you can do is either provide a photo of how it turned it out or a pic how much money you're making off their generosity.

39760254-Toothless-old-man-in-hip-hop-outfit-holding-a-pile-of-cash-isolated-on-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg

Edited by cseeger

Usedta call that "feedback" ;)  No worries.-- I was just ribbin' these boys round here a bit :rofl:

Nah, I get it.  I have a tutorial here as well that has thousands of downloads as well and I wonder sometimes what happened to the courtesy of at least saying thank you?  That's the price of Sainthood I suppose.  We give till it hurts and then give some more    Btw, "Saint JLS" doesn't quite work though, does it?  :rolleyes2:   Have you considered.... "Saint Jimbo"?   That has a nice ring and looks like it's available too.

I must say though, 40,000 downloads is impressive as hell.   My hat's off to ya.

Edited by cseeger

Yep, normal.  40,000+ downloads going to pretty much every part of the planet, and about 25 popped in to say 'thanks' :)  No worries.. they's prolly off makin up holsters!

Love the patterns thanks JLS

:cheers:

Welcome!

On 8/11/2016 at 2:20 PM, JLSleather said:

Okay, finally git round to the double-mag pouch for that 45 SS 1911.  Here ya have it.

DSC00666.jpg

Oh, wait ... tha's that OTHER new one. Anyway, the mag pouch is comin' up shortly too.

Okay, tha's a little better ;)

zm.jpg

Hey .. I forgot my contribution to the Thank you Jeff for cool patterns thread !! Not my best but this was an earlier one when I was trying out his wonderful contribution to my knowledge base!! Thanks Man!

DSCF5332sm.JPG?m=1468089921

DSCF5334sm.JPG?m=1468089921

Glock%20Cross.JPG?m=1458715172

Edited by Boriqua

That ther's lookin purdy good. Have ya ever considered chopping off the front of yer pattern and bendin it 'round the other side! :rofl:

Just common sense, really... if you got a '50/50' pancake (seams in the center line) then it goes 'half way' around, back to the center line.  So, an "avenger" style holster is already 'done", just missing the belt loop / stiffer upper portion.

Yes, I know you followed this already, Alex... this is for the next guy comes along!

Edited by JLSleather

Avenger style pattern for the 3" XDs now up on cutesy.  1911 .45 double mag is cut out, and I'll be stitchin' that later today wihen I got white thread in the machine.

Gotta use the white, so folks can see it on the black scrap and maybe take advantage of the "look" and make their own like it.  Think maybe I'll charge $1 for this one -- just think of it as compensating Jeff for the time.  Keep in mind, though.. I'm not that bright AND I'm slow, so we're gonna need a LOT of the boys kickin in a buckl :rofl:

Yeah, just as i suspected.  This thing for the double mag is WAY too long front to back 7"+.  You could trim a bit here n there, but I'm scrappin' it... much nicer just put a snap-on loop on the back... easier off 'n' on AND take up less belt space.

I stuck white thread in black leather so you fellas could easily track whazup... but I don't like even the idea.  Gonna go a different way.  Still, I'll purdy up the pattern for those who care to do this one.

DSC00718.jpg

I agree.  Here's the one I made to go with my Buddy's holster and it ended up a little wider than the holster.  Visually it looks out of proportion relative to the mass of a holstered pistol.    I like your idea of a snap on loop or even a clip.   I'm gonna try that next time.

Double Mag Pouch.jpg

Yep, that's what took me so long to get around to it, too.  Kept thinkin' I know I aint gonna like it!  On a strip this wide, should be able to carry THREE mags. 

The reasoning was ....

• same 1/1/2" slots  as the pistol
  • similar look to the pistol
  • enough room between mags to clear each other (which I then widened a bit to help allow it to "flex' on the belt)
  • simple construction

But I can see where this would be a pain in the back, even though on your side.  So I'll re-work it. Loops would allow room for tension screws and STILL not be this big.

FWIW...  Do with it as you see fit.  This is 'as shown', and I'll be not making this until it's fixed. ;)

1911fail.pdf

FWIW...  Do with it as you see fit.  This is 'as shown', and I'll be not making this until it's fixed. ;)

1911fail.pdf

I'll sell it on the black market to the Mongolian Pleather Purse Guild.

Muhahahahah!!!!

You don't seem to be very good at this.  I think that when selling on the 'black market' , fella sposedta NOT post in on the forums ;)

You don't seem to be very good at this.  I think that when selling on the 'black market' , fella sposedta NOT post in on the forums ;)

Told ya I was a newbie.

Maybe I'll try the blue market........

DANG IT!!!

I've had a couple of requests for pancake holsters, so many thanks for your patterns.    More importantly, many thanks for your 101 stuff.

I shall attempt to remember to take and upload pictures of the finished holsters.

Thanks again.

Maureen

More importantly, many thanks for your 101 stuff.

Maureen

:cheers: