JLSleather

Holster Patterns

Well, that took too long. Better late than never, maybe?  Here's one more.. don't be scared to post pics of what you do with it!

LCR holster pattern download

On 12/9/2018 at 11:06 AM, JLSleather said:

Here's one more.. don't be scared to post pics of what you do with it!

Really?  Comin' up on the first 100 downloads, and no pics at all?

Makes me wish I had an LCR just so I could put one together fer ya!

Jeff

7 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Really?  Comin' up on the first 100 downloads, and no pics at all?

I downloaded, but don't have an lcr either...i may cut one out and get it ready and wait for a cheap mold gun to pop up

I used, and modified, one of your patterns to make this, my first 'real' holster for a fella. Two layers, lined. Hope to do more in the future. Thanks for all of the info you share!

38 revolver holster Mitch.jpg

Mods count! ;)

About to get started again, after a long absence, building Jeff’s pancake pattern for the Glock 43 holster. Jeff cut a parts kit for me back then and I’m now checking on what I need to get started so ordered some Barge All Purpose Cement as a starter since I don’t have any contact cement. 

Now for some suggestions on a punch I have been wanting, if you would, on the size of an Osborne #151 Bag/ Oblong punch. The belt I would like to use with the holster measures 1-1/2 inches wide x 7/32nds thick. Looking at a catalog I see Osborne has a 1-5/8” x 7/32” oblong punch but wondering if I should go to the 1/4“ which would make the oblong 1-7/8 inches long.

Jeff, hope I haven’t posted this in the wrong thread. Looking forward to getting back to the project.

P.S. Wishing you all a blessed evening and day tomorrow.

Edited by splinters

Well, SHOOOT - I cudda punched the slots if I knew that!  I had slot punches made by Sandy 'n' friends at INTL DIE and by the foiks at USA Cutting Die (TX custom)-- both work well.  Mine are 1.5" x just under 1/4", so when I burnish the slot I END UP with 1/4" wide.  You could get away with a tad wider side to side, but I like em close vertically.

Don't remember what I paid fer 'em , but I'm pretty sure it's LESS than those osborne punches, and mine actually cut :o

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

Mine are 1.5" x just under 1/4", so when I burnish the slot I END UP with 1/4" wide.  :o

Alright. Thanks Jeff. I'll go with your dimensions. 

Don't remember what I paid fer 'em , but I'm pretty sure it's LESS than those osborne punches, and mine actually cut :o

LOL..…. I'll see if I can locate the companies you mentioned.

Thanks again.

P.S. Found Texas Custom Dies, Inc. 

Edited by splinters

Uh... Sandy is at the link in the blue globe under my post ;)

6 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

Uh... Sandy is at the link in the blue globe under my post ;)

Man, I’m sure observant…… LOL  "Observation is 9/10 of the law."   Thanks Jeff. 

Edited by splinters

Holster patterns still where they were -- just the side bar has changed.  

I just found this thread and downloaded patterns. Thank you for sharing all of these JLSLeather! I will post pics as soon as I make something with these patterns. 

Ran into a fella at a gun show yesterday --- said he just bought a holster from somebody else for a pistol that I am working on a design for.  Pretty new gun.  So I said 'cool-send me a picture of it'.  And gave him my card with the phone num on it.

But instead of the pic of the HOLSTER I thought he was gonna send, the guy sent me a screen shot of the web site where he got it.

YIKES!  Those designs look real familiar, considerin' I'm NOWHERE NEAR south carolina :o  

Seriously, fellas - those designs are FREE and I MEANT that they get used.  And nobody needs to give credit for the designs, I've never even asked that.  But do you know how SAD you look when you're all up on the web site proclaiming them as your OWN original design? 

MAN, my regret here is that I won't be there to see that guy's face when he gets to MY site and sees the same designs, done better...and for almost $100 less :rofl:   Probably just as well I didn't see the site until after I left, or I likely would have corrected that guy's information right there with 100 other people.

Edited by JLSleather

We cleared out those downloads - site is now FLYIN' FAST ;)  

We aren't doing patterns with any regularity - not free ones, not paid ones, not with a fox ;)  Doesn't mean I won't suddenly post something random at some random time :dunno:

Meanwhile, you folks that downloaded those (nearly a quarter of a million times) don't be bashful about passin' 'em on when somebody needs one!

I wondered what happened to your patterns. I was going to get the shield pattern and mag pouch, since that is what I got my wife for Xmas, but they are all gone. Also I sent you some pics of the 1911 dual mag pouch you posted for me. I made one dual and one single mag/flashlight pouch. The Dual 1911 pouch is in use by our county's Prosecutor investigator. I got brave and made my own holster pattern, although I did incorporate your sweat guard design. Also did 2 mag pouches as well. Did you get those pics?

John

Edited by East50Leather
misspelling

Yup, looked good. Did you not get my email?

Would anyone happen to have the pattern for the ruger lcp? 

21 hours ago, jpounders95 said:

Would anyone happen to have the pattern for the ruger lcp? 

The LCP 1 is included at  https://www.etsy.com/shop/JLSleather?ref=seller-platform-mcnav&section_id=19233123

Ya know - I think I wanna make ONE big file with a stack of holster patterns in it.  Put it on for sale for maybe... idunno..  $20-25 for a dozen er so patterns ??

Then if somebody was ta say "FORGET that guy... I downloaded some when they was available FREE, and I'll share em with who wants 'em"... then that would be just fine. No offense taken ;)

cgMhQcul.jpg

I'm not going to lie -- I swiped a bunch of the patterns when you had them up. Including one for a Smith & Wesson J-frame. Did I own a J-frame? No, I'm just a packrat. I even made one for an LCP, even though I haven't ever held one, much less owned one.

Fast forward to last week, and I bought a J-frame (Model 37 Chief's Special Airweight). I designed a pancake holster and made that -- I think it sat too low, though, and I was so off on my measurements that after wet molding it I threw in another stitch line along the trigger side by a 3/8 to half an inch to compensate. The next day, I found your pattern again on my computer and decided to knock one out with some stamping, dark dye and contrasting stitching. Still need to do some finishing work on it, but the pattern was sound.

I just wanted to say "Thank you!" for your hard work on these patterns. 

:cheers:

:cheers:I like your new files on your etsy site. You need to put one together For more sigs. Just a question, are any of the glock patterns reasonably close to the Sig 320?

15 minutes ago, AA3JW said:

Just a question, are any of the glock patterns reasonably close to the Sig 320?

Uhh.. if you put 'em on the same table together, they'd be 'reasonably close' :rolleyes2:

But that sig purdy stout equipment,... MAYBE a glock 21 could git modified to work?

Uhh.. if you put 'em on the same table together, they'd be 'reasonably close' :rolleyes2:

But that sig purdy stout equipment,... MAYBE a glock 21 could git modified to work?

I will give that one a try.