JLSleather

Holster Patterns

Alrightey then.. ;)

1911 3" pancake pattern uploaded (click "FREE" below).

Edited by JLSleather

Nice! thank you

Anybody ever get a message about password protection on these patterns? I got an email today, guy said "I tried to open your PDF for the pancake holster and the PDF wants a password".

There IS no password, except if you were maybe using Acrobat Pro and wanted to ALTER the file, but shouldn't be a password to open and use them.

A Glock 17 avenger pattern you posted over on the holster section requires a password. Password is "glock17". Other than that, there have been no others that needed it.

Edited by Tommyboy

JLS,

Been meaning to send a big Thank You for the Slim Jim, 1863, California patterns, etc. The carving patterns are great also! Been trying to get into gear and get some built and pics up here, hopefully soon I will.

Actually, I think that one was from Jim Simmons. If his middle name is Lawrence, then that would be a "JLS", but not the same guy :)

Still, for those interested in that kind of thing, there will be a Glock 43 concealed carry type holster pattern up on the site today!

Glock 43 pancake style holster pattern now available for download. Walleyes are biting on the river, so there may be a delay to the next one ;)

I guess you fellas making them there G43 pancake holsters was wondering where'sda matchin' mag pouch?  

On the free page (link below)

Note this is available in the etsy shop for a small fee.  They won't let me list it there for free, but it saves a guy going to another site if you happen to be there anyway.

SO THEN< smart money says go get the FREE ones FIRST!

Edited by JLSleather

Thanks for the patterns.  It should be fun.  Well maybe not that fun. :)

Local flooding not good for walleye fishin', but good for the holster boys ('n' girls).  RUGER LCP holster getting uploaded shortly - simple 50/50 pancake style holster pattern with an addition to show how easily this can be converted to an 'inny/outty' rig (the LCP lends itself to this well).  Obviously, easily done for other smaller handguns.

First stage (simple pancake version) uploaded and ready for use!  http://www.jlsleather.com/diy/holster-patterns-diy/

Edited by JLSleather

Slight revision made to the 1911 5-inch avenger holster.  Sightly different look, same fit. Every 2500 downloads, a fresh look don't hurt ;)

http://www.jlsleather.com/sdm_downloads/free-1911-holster-pattern/

Just wanted to thank you for the patterns JLS... 

I used the mag pouch as a multitool pouch.

image.jpeg

Welcome .. and keep 'em comin' ;)

Commander length (4.25") 1911 pancake style holster pattern available for free download now.  

This is still listed over at cutesy, priced at 75¢.  REASON for the pricing :  cutesy won't allow listing for free, or even a mention that it's available elsewhere for free.  

SO THEN: ANY pattern of mine listed at 75¢ is there for convenience -- so people already on that site don't need to go somewhere else to download if they don't want to.  BUT, if you see it's 75¢, then you auto know that pattern is available FREE on the site.  ALWAYS check the free version first ;)

How many 'lefties' we got around here?  NOT for the first time, I got a message from a left-handed feller who couldn't "flip" the pattern (in the computer) because it wouldn't import into Corel software.  Honestly, I know nothing about Corel beyond how to spell it :blush:

I didn't put a "lefty" version in the patterns because I figgered they'd be some confusion over which was which .. folks cutting out the wrong parts (probably ME), etc.

Probably better to keep the righty and the lefty separate, doncha think?  

Commander_P0_L.pdf

Okay, maybe try this one out.  It just now occurs to me, I don't think I've actually made this one for the Colt commander for a left handed draw!  "L" is for Left, so no trouble accidentally overwriting the righy version ...

Edited by JLSleather

Hey, JLS!  Here's another of your patterns (a 5" 1911 Avenger style, strong side) that I modified to suit a particular situation...in this case, a two-tone, near-vertical angle cross draw. As always, your patterns, purchased or freely open-sourced, are most appreciated...as is your knowledge!

Chris 

PS. Sorry for that last grainy pic...it's customer supplied "mirror selfie"...he wanted to show me how it fit. As you can see, I should have hustled harder to sell him a matching belt...but that 1-1/4" one will leave him some leeway in adjustment while driving, I guess.

13240092_806102186191082_4982809835637595677_n.jpg

13256015_639573122858870_6744915311193891492_n.jpg

13260243_806102216191079_2808597453683737657_n.jpg

Sweet!  Good to see you fellas adaptin' them designs! ;)

Already have a pancake style holster pattern you like?  Turn it into the "avenger" model quickly and easily!

http://www.jlsleather.com/sdm_downloads/leather-pattern-making-avenger-holster/

untl-4.gif No log in, subscription, or video required ;)

Edited by JLSleather

File uploaded discussing the 'tech' behind why the stitch lines are where they are.  This 'theory' stuff is separated from the instruction files since many want to make holster patterns but aren't interested in that math stuff.  Incredibly boring -- do NOT read this file unless there's something wrong with you .. like you're a machinist or draftsman, or such ;)

Cut it down about as much as I could and still make the point. But it IS a 2-yawn article, so IF you are using my layout instructions and want to know where the numbers come from, then ... well, don't say I didn't warn you.

HOLSTER PATTERN THEORY

I Appreciate All The Free Advice You Offer Jeff. Thanks Again