JLSleather

Holster Patterns

Thank you JLS for your great patterns, advice and generosity! I don't make a lot of holsters; but when I do, it is with a JLS pattern. Here is a photo of your pattern used for my personal Springfield XDm 3.8.  I don't have any machinery, so every step is by hand. I carry it everyday and love the way it feels on my side. I've tried others, but these just fit great!

Thank you,

Brad

2016-02-12 11.24.32.jpg

Trying out Jeff's mag pouch pattern!

Mahogany and black

Moh%201911%20set.JPG?m=1472502256

Cordovan black and oxblood

cord%201911%20set%202.JPG?m=1472502542

Looks nice Alex! I like how you colored the tooling.

Lookin' good fellas :cheers:

A recently completed custom holster using a JLS pattern for a S&W .380 Bodyguard. Customer was very pleased with the design and fit.

2016-09-14 22.48.05000.jpg

Tha's lookin' like you done that before ;)

Where'd that fella go, was lookin' fer a Glock 19 mag carrier?  Thought there was one on the site, but oh, well....

Mag_G19_P0.pdf

Maybe should put this on the site?  Likely just gits barried here :crazy:

There, tha's more better.  http://www.jlsleather.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Mag_G19_P0.pdf

Edited by JLSleather

Any patterns I can use on a Kahr CW9?

Nah.

But I did get the sweetest note this morning from a lady who apparently found some value in the info on my site.  Darn nice note, too -- gotta appreciate that.

Edited by JLSleather

On 8/20/2016 at 7:42 PM, JLSleather said:

Yeah, just as i suspected.  This thing for the double mag is WAY too long front to back 7"+.  You could trim a bit here n there, but I'm scrappin' it... much nicer just put a snap-on loop on the back... easier off 'n' on AND take up less belt space.

I stuck white thread in black leather so you fellas could easily track whazup... but I don't like even the idea.  Gonna go a different way.  Still, I'll purdy up the pattern for those who care to do this one.

DSC00718.jpg

20161018_154652_zpsjet6icko.jpg

This is my take on your pattern.

There ya go.. that'll cut'er down some on the width!

I'm actually researching a double mag pouch with just a belt loop on the back - like this one. 

Frazier-Mags01S.JPG

Edited by Billy Hell

I came to a similar pattern to yours jeff when I started getting asked for double mag pouches. My belt slots are a touch lower because I wanted to get the mags up some but everyone who has gotten these from me has loved the space in the middle. Its only about 1/2 inch but it lets the mag pouch form to the curve of the body a little nicer than if they are butt up against each other.

I dont wear one but what I have been told is that its more comfortable for all day wear and that since I precurve it it hides out under a loose shirt nicer than if it were a square block. That was my intention when I made it. Here in AZ we mostly conceal out of courtesy so its just a loose button up thrown over the gun and mags so anything not to print toooo much. I designed it with the rounded corners because lets face it .. Americans have gotten FAT. so I figured one less corner to find the soft spots although you cant do much about the mags stick'in you.

I think that pattern you have with the gap is a winner. Its a great looking Mag pouch.  Here is mine ..

Spanish%20Influenced%20Holster%20Set%201

and here are some in different colors but plain so its easier to see the outline. There is even an IWB there which I would never wear but wsas a special request.

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Gallery/index.php/Leather-Holsters/Latest-Double-Mag-pouch-designs

Edited by Boriqua

19 minutes ago, Billy Hell said:

I'm actually researching a double mag pouch with just a belt loop on the back - like this one. 

Hey Billy

I dont have one like that because I didnt want to have to mold all the fronts but I do have a pattern with loops on the back. I dont make many of these anymore but I did clean up the pattern since these pix were taken and its super easy to make and I know for a fact there are a few that have been in use daily for at least the last 5 years and going strong. One picture shows rivets but I have gone to stitching since then. I have to find the pattern in my stack of unorganized drawings but if you would like let me know and I wil dig it out. Its built for a 1911 mags but its an easy adjustment for anything else. Man o man has my work improved since these!

basketweave set 1.jpg

1911 drop 6.jpg

1911 drop 8sm .jpg

That is what I'm looking for. I have a Cowboy 3200 now so stitching is a breeze. 

19 minutes ago, Billy Hell said:

That is what I'm looking for. I have a Cowboy 3200 now so stitching is a breeze. 

Cool I will pull it out and add some minor details and scan it for you. If you have a machine its a breeze to make a bunch of these. Its only a hand drawing but its full size.

3 hours ago, Boriqua said:

Its only about 1/2 inch but it lets the mag pouch form to the curve of the body a little nicer than if they are butt up against each other.

Yeah, it does allow a bit more "wrap".  Had some things to do first, but wanting to 'trim the fat' down where it won't NEED to wrap ;)

Over 50,000 downloads and counting ;)

Had a request for a Glock 30S. Anyone have something for that pistola?

Gettin' a bit behind around here.. tha'sa nuther one I been "meanin to" get at.  Ran into a feller up this way got 30 guns (yeah, I don't know why, either.. but still...)...

So, howsa boutit fellas?  ANybody with a 30S?

Revolver holster patterns reduced by half 'til Thanksgiving (just what day is that anyway?).

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JLSleather?ref=hdr_shop_menu&search_query=revolver+holster+pattern

OH OH OH>..  I dont' do many "sales", so I never think about that really... but if you bought one of these in the last couple weeks and paid full price (thus missing the "sale") just send me a message and get the sale price (refund).

Edited by JLSleather

just jumped on your 101 pattern. Been looking at it for a bit and just didnt click the buy now .... now its bought. I have a pattern but I think your stitch line looks a bit better than mine.

Where was the 686 pattern ? :P

16 minutes ago, Boriqua said:

Where was the 686 pattern ? :P

I haven't done the 'pancake' there, but I've made a good many of the "bucket' or 'envelope' holsters (some folks like to say 'western').  I'm gonna re-work it to  put a little 'fancy' in there, but I'll send you something here shortly...

10 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

I haven't done the 'pancake' there, but I've made a good many of the "bucket' or 'envelope' holsters (some folks like to say 'western').  I'm gonna re-work it to  put a little 'fancy' in there, but I'll send you something here shortly...

I did 2 686 pancake patterns and thought they were "OK" not sure what I dont love about them. They were short barreled and those heavy guns with no barrel make it a little hinky at the top. Think I may stay with bucket styles for the short barreled 686 or try and cobble together a decent avenger style.

Edited by Boriqua