JLSleather

Holster Patterns

Has anyone done a holster for a Glock 40 yet?  I looked around for the mold gun and it didn't seem as though there was not a blue gun for it yet or maybe the vendors haven't had much call yet?  Let me know what Y'all might have.

thanks

Ron

I am gonna cross post this as well.

Edited by OLDNSLOW
cross post

@OLDNSLOW-http://www.holstersmith.com/vcom/product_info.php?products_id=6094

HolsterMolds are ok, not as nice as Blue Guns. Filled in trigger and port, but it's what you want.

What's the shipping look like over there?  I hesitate to sign up for yet another site, but there's one I want, provided I'm not going to find out the shipping is $10+ ...

It is what it is. No worse than anyone else these days.

Do you not know, or are you just not willing to say?

Uhhh.. never mind...

Edited by JLSleather

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

Do you not know, or are you just not willing to say?

Uhhh.. never mind...

I use

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_585

Very similar looking website so I wonder if they are one and the same but I just received a 686 mold and a Beretta 92 mold and shipping was about 10 bucks for the single package with both molds. Pretty sure it was 10.60. Don't quote me but I believe when I had ordered a single mold a bit ago the shipping was about $7. Just be sure to go to their shipping choices section. They have one called "smart post" where fed ex drops to the post office and the post office delivers to your mailbox. I think its the cheapest option and I got my stuff in under a week.

Most of their blue guns are around $42 which is the cheapest I have found. I really dont like the MultiMold brand molds but they do offer a bunch that blue gun doesnt offer.

Edited by Boriqua

That works.. thanks :cheers:

That's only $2 over "dealer" price, and without the minimum order.

Edited by JLSleather

ya I think I looked at knife kits and they had one of the kydex type molds in the 40, that site and 1 other do look the same.  I have several of the kydex mold guns and have ordered from one of those 2 sites or both just don't recall.  If the mold is one of the green molds it is a little better than the orange ones. I would like a rings as they are nicer but will settle for the knife kits if I am going to make the holster as I would prefer to save a few bucks.

Got one for the new .45 shield.. don't s'pose anybody interested in that one, tho ...

Doing a little purdyin' up, pattern on cutesy soon...

Edited by JLSleather

Simple little holster for the small S/W revolvers available for download (Merry Christmas!).  

Fellas, if you paid for this one, say in the last month or so, send me a message about which one you'd like for your FREE replacement... kaint have one guy paying when the other guy gits it free ..

http://www.jlsleather.com/diy/holster-patterns-diy/

Including the j-frame - 58,587 downloads.  Shucks, you'd think they'd be more pics around here .. :whistle:

Just under 61,000 downloads - and the winner is ...

Glock 19  (5,109 downloads)

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, JLSleather said:

Got one for the new .45 shield.. don't s'pose anybody interested in that one, tho ...

Doing a little purdyin' up, pattern on cutesy soon...

I'll be yer Huckleburry is it on the page er what?

I was wondering what gun I should choose to make holsters for on ebay. Looks like the 19 is it. Now all I need is a mold. 

7 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

I'll be yer Huckleburry is it on the page er what?

's'over at cutesy

https://www.etsy.com/listing/486424992

Took me a minute there ;)

FYI.. teh 45 is 'just a tad' bigger than the 9 (not the same).  Aguycould maybe get the 45 into teh holster made for the 9, but that holster wouldn't work for the 9 any more :rofl:  Oh, yeah -- plus the 45 gonna stick out the bottom 3/4" or so ..

Edited by JLSleather

3 minutes ago, OLDNSLOW said:

I guess ill have to wait a spell already poor for the month

You should be takin' vantage o the discounts... like ... you know -- 10% for UPLOAD A PIC of what you did with a G27 pattern (for example) ;)

OR.. like that one where a guy loaned me a BT380 blue gun, and got the postage paid both ways AND a free pattern (this didn't happen, I'm just hopin' out loud here .. )

Edited by JLSleather

5 minutes ago, Billy Hell said:

I was wondering what gun I should choose to make holsters for on ebay. Looks like the 19 is it. Now all I need is a mold. 

Ifen you cant get one right away I am just up the road a spell if ya need to borrow one.

Just now, JLSleather said:

You should be takin' vantage o the discounts... like ... you know -- 10% for UPLOAD A PIC of what you did with a G27 pattern (for example) ;)

guessen I gots to dig round seeun if I took some pics purty sure I did age has its moments.

Dont know if Jeff is going to want to take credit for this one but ... Based on his 1911 avenger pattern. I use a sewn in Sight channel so I didnt want to use the large wrap around piece but just a throat support. Jeff's Pattern has both. I beefed it up some and I made the back a little wider. It serves to really stiffen the holster. I have used the same throat/belt strap setup on a few other avenger style holsters and it works really well. Absolutely no bounce and little stretch. As always Jeff's patterns are mechanically economical in leather usage and his stitch lines would take me 80 tries to get as close as his. THANKS JEFF!!!

First time trying this pattern so I didnt invest the time in the dye I usually do.

DSCF6779sm800.JPG

DSCF6781sm800.JPG

DSCF6789sm800.JPG

DSCF6802sm800.JPG

This one is from the patterns that Jeff JLF kindly provides all those wanting learn and grow without having to reinvent the wheel, one of the holsters I did have to modify the stitch lines and pattern by extending them about a 1/4 inch all the way around and move the stitch line to accommodate a CZ pistol that has a completely different trigger guard over a 45 ACP.  The holster sill more work to be done to be completed, this is just an example of how to take the original and move and change this just a bit to work with other models that might come along. 

IMG_0472.JPG

Edited by OLDNSLOW

Here are 4 more that all started of with some of JLF's base patterns then modified to in one case fit a gun with a laser.

IMG_0473.JPG

38 minutes ago, Boriqua said:

Dont know if Jeff is going to want to take credit for this one but ... Based on his 1911 avenger pattern. I use a sewn in Sight channel so I didnt want to use the large wrap around piece but just a throat support. Jeff's Pattern has both. I beefed it up some and I made the back a little wider. It serves to really stiffen the holster. I have used the same throat/belt strap setup on a few other avenger style holsters and it works really well. Absolutely no bounce and little stretch. As always Jeff's patterns are mechanically economical in leather usage and his stitch lines would take me 80 tries to get as close as his. THANKS JEFF!!!

First time trying this pattern so I didnt invest the time in the dye I usually do.

No reason for me to "take any credit" there... yer show on this one!  Lookin' good, too.  You coulda used teh "wrap around piece" with the stitched channel - just gotta think the order of operations (I know you likely already did , I'm saying that for the next reader).

Lookin' good all over, fellas --- this is the point of those patterns... add yer own style... just a starting point!

Now, I gotta catch a mail man and decide how I feel about being called "mechanically economical), which sounds a tad like 'anatomically sparse" :rofl:

Oh,..checkn' later, but how wide did you make the site channel strips?

Edited by JLSleather

Anyone do a Glock 43 avenger? Need to make a IWB for a 43. Thanks