Sign in to follow this  
Oakley

Pfaff 145-6C/d Needle System?

I bought a Pfaff 145-6C/D H3SMN. Unfortunately the shuttle doesn't catch the upper thread. I guess that the needle System I use is the wrong one. I googled and found that it needs 134-35 needles. Is that right? For me the needles seem to be to long. The machine came with 459R needles which have a too small upper part. 621 which are too thick and 134 needles which seem to be too short.

I hope somebody can help me. Thank you in advance.

x52gjnr7chg.jpg

hs8orjlfftr.jpg

hd355citxgc3.jpg

The Pfaff 145 H 1 and H 2 need system 134 and Model H 3 sytem 134-35 afaik.

But you never know what the former user did with the machine. I once have seen a Pfaff 145 set up for 135x17 (DPx17). You can sew a bit thicker than normal with this needle. It just depends on how the needle bar and the feet are set up.

Pfaff H3 and below take a system 134-35 (Not a 134). Pfaff H4 takes, again, by the book, a system 190 needle.

Hope this helps!

I tried the 134-35 but it was too long. The eye of the needle was too low. I think if the timing is correct I need a needle which is shorter than a 134-35 and longer than a 134. Is the 135x17 in between?

I think you just have to rise the needle bar a little bit to accomodate the 134-35. The 135x17 is the longest, they are 45mm long in total.

@ Gregg

I don´t want a "nedle fight" but I just have checked a Pfaff 145 manual - see picture.

post-31854-0-41603900-1433948714_thumb.j

I think you just have to rise the needle bar a little bit to accomodate the 134-35. The 135x17 is the longest, they are 45mm long in total.

@ Gregg

I don´t want a "nedle fight" but I just have checked a Pfaff 145 manual - see picture.

No fight here! The book is the book, other needle books didn't go into the H1 and H2 machines, I do stand corrected. Learned something new, sweet!

Thank you for the help. I raised the needle bar a little bit and now the 134-35 works fine. The only problem I got left is that the needle touches the lower part of the shuttle unit. Can the whole part be moved a bit to the right?

is the needle in the center of the needle plate hole? if yes, then move the hook ever so slightly to the right. if not, then align the needle bar.