oxomoxo

Singer 45K - Feed Dog Screw (Simanco 704C)

Hello,

I've recently acquired a Singer 45k that I cleaned up well ant that is running beautifully :)

However when I bought it it was set-up for freehand stitching with a presser foot raiser (that links a plunger finger to the main head cam and the presser foot shaft), a "blind" needle plate, and no feed dog.

I've managed to get a hand on a feed dog but I later realized that, I don't have the mounting screw :helpsmilie:

In the Singer 45K21 "Illustrated List of Parts" I tracked down the part number to be 704c and have a nice drawing of a screw :dunno:, the part is referenced in various Singer models under different usages ... but got nothing near some specs that would allow me to have a correct replacement.

Would there be someone kind / sapient / documented enough too tell me the actual diameter and thread specs of that screw ?

Any 45K owner that would also own a caliper and thread gauges ?

Any direct source of spare screws ?

Thanks for any info.

Regards,

Lorenzo

PS : This is my first post, I try to be sensible but, I'm still not too familiar with the forum so please forgive if this is not the right place.

I have a screw that fits the Singer 45K Feed dog 916907 (flat bed) - if it is the same as for your feed dog send me a PM ;)

Hi Constabulary, my 45k is a cylinder arm,

it seems I can't find any reference about 916907 feed dog is the number correct ?

[edit]

Ok the correct feed dog number seems to be 91607 ..

and according to this document :

https://www.universalsewing.com/images2/parts_lists/all/q98q2b3f.pdf

the screw is correct (or at least has the same number 704) ...

Edited by oxomoxo

oxomoxo,

the specs on the Singer screw #704 are dia. 11/64" x 40 . Generic screws are still available from dealers. I would think College in England should be able to get them.

If you cannot find the screw, Juki uses a lot of screws with those specs as to diameter and pitch in their machines.

glenn

704 screw is a common screw as far as industrial sewing machines go, and is commonly the set screw for the hook supporting plate / bobbin case position finger on a Singer 241- for example. Same as a Consew 206RB, under Consew/Seiko part number 6025. As said, 11/64-40 thread pitch.