luckyruby4

Wet Formed Breast Cups For A Corset

Hello

I am new to this forum, I am recently back into leather work, and my wife wants me to make her a leather corset.

I bought the Tandy corset pattern, then modified it to fit and removed the breast area (made it an underbust) because my wife has a small waist, but DD breasts.

I want to wet mould the leather cups but am not sure if I can and not sure how to get the leather to stretch that much (DD) size.

I am using veg tan, about 3 ounce leather for the corset, should I use the same for the breast cups, or is what I am trying to achieve impossible?

If it is then any ideas as to where I can get a pattern to make the cups with Darts?

I really want to avoid the idea of creating a shelf for her breasts, I want to make a shape fitting Corset, to accentuate her.

Thanks in advance, great sit as well.

Well Lucky, if it were me, for the breast pieces I would use something a little thicker so that there is more material to stretch. Probably something like 8/9oz. Make a form from wood, thoroughly case it, then using a glass slicker, of similar tool, work from the tip down to the base, with persistence the leather will thin out as it stretches. Just be patient and keep at it, you will get there.

Bob

There might be an alternative to wet forming - why don't you look at Terraflex?

http://blog.leathercraftlibrary.com/2015/01/28/introducing-terraflex/

I know this will sound kinky but wrap her in saran wrap then duct tape. carefully cut it off then fill it up with expanding foam. Then use that to wet mold your leather.

I agree with Bob though, might want to go heavier then 3oz for the cups

I'm not sure what "DD" is in inches, but leather can move QUITE a distance. People make leather masks, which has to be similar (like a human head back to the ears). I seen foks makin' 'em from anywhere from 3/4 to 6/7 oz leather.

That said, it does seem like anything molded to breasts should be hand-formed.

JLS -- Hilarious!!!! :rofl:

Halitech - I would think that the amount of pressure and force needed to mold to a set of DD's would be pretty high. Will expanding foam hold up to a lot of pressure??? But if it will, just buy a cheap bra at Walmart and will that with the foam. Of course, you lose out on the fun of wrapping her....

If you have a lathe, or a friend with one, I'd turn some forms and size them to her bra. Then form the leather over that.

And you have a permanent souvenir as well! :rofl::thumbsup:

I'm not sure but I've heard of other people using it so I would assume it can handle it. If not and he needs some help wet molding the leather on her, let me know, I'll be happy to help him out ;)

I resisted posting on the start of this thread... simply because I knew it would eventually get here!!!

Yeah... Ya gotta have fun with some of these posts !!

The Devil made me do it.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it....

I'll admit, I just have a dirty mind lol

I believe ruby is having a laugh at LW.Net's expense, or perhaps the low minded men of lw.net. Just use the blow up doll you already have with a small waiste and DD cups to make the corset. Should hold up to wet molding. Cheryl

There might be an alternative to wet forming - why don't you look at Terraflex?

http://blog.leathercraftlibrary.com/2015/01/28/introducing-terraflex/

Thanks dirkba, this looks cool and I am going to check it out.

Well Lucky, if it were me, for the breast pieces I would use something a little thicker so that there is more material to stretch. Probably something like 8/9oz. Make a form from wood, thoroughly case it, then using a glass slicker, of similar tool, work from the tip down to the base, with persistence the leather will thin out as it stretches. Just be patient and keep at it, you will get there.

Bob

Hi Bob

I looked at dirkba's idea and will try your as well, I tried to mould the 2 ox stuff but maybe it was not wet enough, Ill post some photos of my attempts.

I've used the bra idea for pattern making, had a customer in the UK wanted a bustier making - a very bustier, as she was a G cup. Bought a bra from an op shop, adjusted my tailors dummy to her other measurements and padded the bra out on the dummy.

I guess if you wanted you could do that and use fibreglass or plaster on the bra to get a form to mould on.

NO!!!! NO !!!

I'll just watch the post a little more before I say something stupid,,,,,,

saran wrap ,,,,foam,,,,,,never assume it can handle it ,,,stretching it ,,,,an award,,,,,,,,,,

,you lose out on the fun of wrapping her....

it does seem like anything molded to breasts should be hand-formed.

And you have a permanent souvenir as well!

I'll stop with that for now!!!!!!

luckyruby4,

Here is some more info on terraflex - the more I read about the product the more I am convinced it would be the way to go with your project.

http://www.tandyleather.com/en-usd/terraflex-sheet.aspx