simontuntelder

Clicking Die Makers In Europe Or Uk

I'm looking for suggestions from some of the European members here om LW.

I'm looking to have some clicking dies made (my very first) and I'm looking for some good (foremost) and hopefully fairly prices dies from a European or UK maker.

Normally I wouldn't mind buying from the US, where I've heard of some good makers (including Texas Custom Dies), but the exchange rate is terrible, so I'm looking for someone closer to home.

I have a maker on hand, where I live, but I would like to get some quotes from different manufacturers, as I'm about to place a very substantial order.

Sending a pdf of the dies to the company will get you a quote.

It sounds common practice that dies be made exactly to your specification, request that your dies are made with 90 degree corners if there are any, in all fairness that could of been how they are regularly made. I have a few dies that didnt have the 90 degree corner, one of the dies wasn't straight. I gotten a replacement of the one die and the replacement had a huge blue weld mark on the side.. I've done a bit of welding in HS and know its difficult to do that bad of a job on purpose... If you want the name of the company send me a PM.

Learning from that experience, its always easier to hope things will work out or that a company will fufill there responsibility, the things to do is to have all your bases covered even if that means taking more time. Do a bit of research on everything from the item to the shipping. Do know that you can self declare packages relatively easily and safe yourself some cash (at least in Canada).

Ex. warranty, how they make the dies, return policy..

Seeing that the website lacks info and detail, 9 times out of 10 the product does too..

If you miss the warning signs, didnt do the research you would just be taking an uninformed chance. For business this is a recipe for disaster, so do learn from my mistake..

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

I know Germany should have numerous die makers. But finding the good and reliable ones is always hard. But I'll enquire with my go-to tannery in Germany. Maybe they'll be able to recommend someone.