jackieotb

The Truth About Ohio Travel Bag...

I have not logged in for a long time...and when I did I saw some very outdated posts and information about our company. Here's the deal:

YEP! we've been in business for a very long time.

YEP! Ray still works here (40 years) and knows his shiz!

YEP! I'm still actively managing operations here (only 16 years)!

YEP! We still have live people answering the phone, who are really nice and helpful!

NOPE! We are not running our business the same as we did 20,10 or even 5 years ago!

YEP! We are still a wholesale distributor, with an easy qualification process and a $30 minimum order (NOT $75).

YEP! WHAT? We now happily offer RETAIL PRICING. We are adding new products every day.

YEP! We heard your feedback and OTB will launch a new "better user experience" website this November, with many enhancements and it will be mobile friendly.

Please contact me with any questions and I welcome the opportunity to respond to any comments or feedback, even positive ones.

All my best

jackie@ohiotravelbag.com

http://www.ohiotravelbag.com

post-13915-0-41827300-1435264521_thumb.j

Edited by jackieotb

I am one satisfied customer.

Hi again Jackie,

OTB as we call you, is definitely the go to place for easy to find and those not so easy to find hardware supplies and findings. Not many seem to know that they also have TOOLS. The ting about OTB is the quality of the products. Rivets in most any configuration and color, and their Jiffy rivets actually stay together! Hardware is and plating is durable and beautiful. Prices are fair for the quality. But then you already know that.

Art

OTB works for me,..........

Sorry about your loss, . . . our most heartfelt condolences to all of you.

May God bless,

Dwight

I've used OTB almost exclusively, whenever I can.

I do wish they carried Martingale chains though. Nickel AND Brass would be nice <g>

And Jackie -- do whatever it takes to keep Sandy happy! She's been more than helpful to me every time I needed help. She bends over backwards to satisfy her customers....

Edited by TomG

Hi again Jackie,

OTB as we call you, is definitely the go to place for easy to find and those not so easy to find hardware supplies and findings. Not many seem to know that they also have TOOLS. The ting about OTB is the quality of the products. Rivets in most any configuration and color, and their Jiffy rivets actually stay together! Hardware is and plating is durable and beautiful. Prices are fair for the quality. But then you already know that.

Art

Thanks Art. We greatly appreciate the kind feedback.

Thanks Art. We greatly appreciate your kind feedback and will continue to strive to make every experiance with us a good one. Please let us know if there are things on your "wish or need" list that you can't find in our catalog. We will go searching for you!

Tom G, thank you for the feedback about Sandy Simpson. She is a long time employee, very loyal to OTB and our customers. We are very lucky to have her and the other cool people she works with too!

That is pretty awesome of you, considering we made a mistake on your last order. Thank you for providing us the opportunity to correct it!

I've used OTB almost exclusively, whenever I can.

I do wish they carried Martingale chains though. Nickel AND Brass would be nice <g>

And Jackie -- do whatever it takes to keep Sandy happy! She's been more than helpful to me every time I needed help. She bends over backwards to satisfy her customers....

We are looking for those Martingale chains as I type. What size chain? Rings?

I use the 1/2", 3/4" and 1" round ring with a 6" chain - for a 3" spread. I also use the 1-1/2" D-ring model, also with a 3" spread (6" chain). Those are all nickel plated. Personally, I would not be opposed to trying some of these smaller sizes in D-rings as well.

I do have 3/4" rings in brass - I think it's plated.. same 3" spread. But I'm not sure if that supplier will be carrying them any more. Last time I ordered, it took 4 months to get them. He literally had to wait for a slow boat from China..... I'm kind of glad my demand for brass chain Martingales is low <g>. But they were the only supplier of brass I found in the US. And 3/4" was the only size they had.

OTB is a great supplier in a great town. I regularly refer people to them for specialty items we can't keep in stock.

I just opened a new account, painless compared to some companies I've dealt with. I did it online through the site. I placed my first order and then called to confirm I had done everything correctly.. I got in touch with customer service, I spoke to a real live person who spoke to me in English and was very helpful in walking me through each step of the transaction to ensure I was doing it correctly. It's been three days and UPS has my package on the truck for delivery today.

She took the time to explain that they publish a new catalog about every two years and that the latest or newest items are added to the website and to check there for the newest additions. The online ordering system was simple enough for a retired Marine to use so most anyone should be able to use it.

I'm a new happy customer.

Holy Cow! I not only stumbled onto the leatherworker.net site and love it, but found this subject on Ohio Travel. In looking through the catalog I found many many items I havn't been able to find in years. I do custom carrying cases as well as leather work, used to buy lots of stuff from Custom Case Supply Co, but they seem to be out of business now. All the hardware and fasteners I used to use and have had to substitute for - well their all here! Now, if I could just find a source for case covering glue - the stuff that is heated - came in a block like gelatin.

EJ

I have used OTB, very happy, although being in UK we have to be careful not to go too far over the minimum purchase as our import tax can cripple the savings made

I've been a very satisfied customer for over 20 years ... Keep up the good work OTB

I have always been happy with the service and products from OTB .... excellent customer satisfaction!

Holy Cow! I not only stumbled onto the leatherworker.net site and love it, but found this subject on Ohio Travel. In looking through the catalog I found many many items I havn't been able to find in years. I do custom carrying cases as well as leather work, used to buy lots of stuff from Custom Case Supply Co, but they seem to be out of business now. All the hardware and fasteners I used to use and have had to substitute for - well their all here! Now, if I could just find a source for case covering glue - the stuff that is heated - came in a block like gelatin.

EJ

Thanks EJ. We have not carried the hide glue you are referring to for many years. Remember the saying about sending an old horse to the glue factory? Maybe you could use this hide glue for your application from Lee Valley Tools, a great customer of ours. http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.aspx?p=20002&cat=1,110,42965&ap=1

We are one satisfied company because of satisfied customers like you!

OTB is a great supplier in a great town. I regularly refer people to them for specialty items we can't keep in stock.

Thank you johnv474!

Thanks, I think I'll give the pearl glue a try.

EJ

Jackie,

Checked your catalogue and could not find this style of eyelets in 3/16" diameter.

I use them on the purse straps as in this thread http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=64400&hl= and need them in solid brass nickel plated.

Any chance you could get those?

post-62673-0-95014000-1438469094_thumb.j

Edited by DrmCa

OTB is a fantastic company to do business with.

Great customer service.

I've been a very satisfied customer for over 20 years ... Keep up the good work OTB

Thank you Stitch. Your business and loyalty is greatly appreciated.

OTB is a fantastic company to do business with.

Great customer service.

Thank you for the positive feedback! Greatly appreciated.

OTB is great any time a need a medium-small quantity order. If I have to do crazy quantities I try to find a more direct source, but for lots of stuff OTB is my "go to"

Thanks

Thank you nstarleather!

Jackie,

Checked your catalogue and could not find this style of eyelets in 3/16" diameter.

I use them on the purse straps as in this thread http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=64400&hl= and need them in solid brass nickel plated.

Any chance you could get those?

Hi DrmCa....we definitely have 3/16" solid brass nickel grommets, sold by the gross, Part #grom-00-sbn, if you need the inside diameter to be 3/16. The post is 1/8". Page 20 in our catalog. Email me...

Wow - This thread kinda makes me wish the UK had a branch of OTB!

Great feedback to your customers ;)

Thank you for the positive feedback and your loyalty everyone. Please know that we are working hard behind the scenes to make doing business with OTB even better!