dhaverstick

Some Arm Guards And Quiver I Recently Finished

Here is an arrow side quiver I made to be raffled off at the United Bowhunters of Missouri Rendezvous that was held last weekend. The body and strap are made from chrome-tanned bison leather and the tan trim is deer. The orange looking leather is caiman as is the black arrowhead. The lettering was done in ring lizard and the scaled leather is tanned carp hide. I carved the buttons from deer antler and the hanging ring from moose antler. Everything was sewn by hand using artificial sinew.

UBMRendezvous2015Quiver-3_zpsl1vx0jzj.jpUBMRendezvous2015Quiver-5_zpscgy9ckhk.jpUBMRendezvous2015Quiver-1_zps0amumait.jp

This archery arm guard was commissioned by a friend of mine as a birthday present for a hunting buddy of his. It is ostrich leg skin backed with vegetable-tanned cowhide. The trim is deer and I carved the lace hooks from deer antler. Everything was sewn by hand using B-50 bow string material.

RapperArmGuard_zpsg07siorf.jpg

This is an arm guard that I made for myself. My other arm guard wasn't worn out or anything but I get a hankering for something new every once in a while. I made this one from caiman and backed it with vegetable-tanned cowhide. The arrowhead in the middle is made from ring lizard. The trim is deer and the lace hooks are deer antler. I sewed this one up using artificial sinew.

Darrens2015Armguard_zpsddmyq0yh.jpg

Darren

Very nice! I really like the arm guard with the arrowhead on it. Real nice work.

Very nice !