Just signed up and got validated. Found this site by accident looking for a replacement for Neat-lac. Used to do a lot of leatherwork, then none for a long time, now back into it. Most of my tools are 30 or 40 years old. Much of the dyes and finishes have gone bad and I need to get new stuff, but I'm not sold on the new eco stuff. I've been a carpenter/builder/cabinetmaker all my life and the eco friendly finishes for wood just aren't the same as the old laquers and polyurethane finishes either. Man, I've gotten more information in 2 hours poking around here than I've been able to get in the last few years. Will be asking some questions I'm sure.

Welcome back. NeatLac is still available, it was always made by LCI and it sold as NeatLac through Tandy. The name of the product is ClearLac, it's available from several sources, I get mine from Springfield Leather Company.

Chief

Thank you. I'll be placing an order soon. Looks like they are a great source.

I agree. Dug out all my old leatherworking tools and have cleaned and polished them. Had some tooling hides and sides stored. Checked them out and they are nice and clean, supple and have cased, tooled and dyed well. Been working on some custom camera straps/harnesses for a pro photographer. Did one for him a few months ago and he loves them. This order is for two more sets.

I sure love this site. I've picked up on some of the "new" materials, and where to get some of the "old Materials. Much of my dyes and finishes have gone to pot over the years and I need to replace them. This site has steered me in the right direction for that.

The leather portion of the shop -

EJ

post-63650-0-20025000-1435863837_thumb.j

post-63650-0-05340300-1435863855_thumb.j

post-63650-0-01669300-1435864098_thumb.j

Edited by MM2CVS9