emcniel

Spots To Buy Patterns

Can we list good sites to buy patterns? we all know of tandy and spring field wht bout other spots?

On 7/9/2015 at 6:49 PM, emcniel said:

Can we list good sites to buy patterns? we all know of tandy and spring field wht bout other spots?

Depends a lot on what you are looking for.  What type of patterns?  Bags, holsters, carving/tooling, Etc.

http://www.bighousedaddy.com/  is one that came up recently on another thread.

Tom

I love the patterns from Tony See. Most are pdfs, but a few are acrylic patterns. He also sells some buckles and acrylic lenses to fit some of his mask/goggle patterns. The more complicated builds have free video tutorials on YouTube.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DieselpunkRo?ref=condensed_trust_header_icon_items 

6 hours ago, Mr Gaunt said:

I love the patterns from Tony See. Most are pdfs, but a few are acrylic patterns. He also sells some buckles and acrylic lenses to fit some of his mask/goggle patterns. The more complicated builds have free video tutorials on YouTube.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DieselpunkRo?ref=condensed_trust_header_icon_items 

The great thing about Tony's patterns is he usually supplies a video tutorial and if you have problems he has setup a support Facebook group.  Also they can be easily modified to suit.  All this makes it great for learners like myself to produce a quality item.

I have been enjoying this ladies' patterns.

https://www.leatherdiypattern.com/

Here is a bag I did of hers.....

24BE1BB9-567F-4899-BA6B-985F3804E973.png197823DB-45B2-45BE-88EA-FC2880995847.png

And here is my lovely wife showing off her bag. It was a Valentine's present.

060337F7-E15A-4785-9D02-4CA24C860B67.jpeg

On 4/25/2018 at 12:40 PM, Northmount said:

Depends a lot on what you are looking for.  What type of patterns?  Bags, holsters, carving/tooling, Etc.

http://www.bighousedaddy.com/  is one that came up recently on another thread.

Tom

Looks like this one is gone.  I land on a GoDaddy landing page.

I'll put another vote in for DieselPunk on Etsy.  I have a couple of his patterns and they are well documented.  Only thing I don't like is they PDFs set up to print on A4 paper.  I haven't built them yet, but have looked over the plans several times and as soon as I get my butt to an office supply store for the right paper, I'll get to work.

On 4/22/2019 at 11:56 AM, GregS said:

Looks like this one is gone.  I land on a GoDaddy landing page.

I'll put another vote in for DieselPunk on Etsy.  I have a couple of his patterns and they are well documented.  Only thing I don't like is they PDFs set up to print on A4 paper.  I haven't built them yet, but have looked over the plans several times and as soon as I get my butt to an office supply store for the right paper, I'll get to work.

You don't need special paper. A4 is just a setting for your printer. As you're about to print, click on printing options or printer properties and set the paper size to A4. All that does is print it in actual size.

27 minutes ago, TrentonH said:

You don't need special paper. A4 is just a setting for your printer. As you're about to print, click on printing options or printer properties and set the paper size to A4. All that does is print it in actual size.

That may, or may not, work. A4 paper is a little longer than US letter (8.27" x 11.69" vs 8.5" x 11") so if the pattern takes up the full page on A4 it will be cut off on the bottom when printed on US letter. Since it is so difficult, and expensive, to purchase A4 paper in the US, I get around it by telling the printer I have A4 and loading the printer with US legal.

People are smarter than that, right? RIGHT?@!  I mean... nobody sane would pay for a "pattern" of a rectangle with two smaller rectangles.... 

For $25, that better come with the leather and thread ta MAKE it :o

On 4/21/2019 at 8:36 PM, bikermutt07 said:

And here is my lovely wife showing off her bag. It was a Valentine's present.

060337F7-E15A-4785-9D02-4CA24C860B67.jpeg

That looks like a "i got him right where i want him" smile ;)

On 10/11/2019 at 1:09 PM, JLSleather said:

That looks like a "i got him right where i want him" smile ;)

Ha! Right.

I started designing leather bags a few months ago and I'm selling the patterns on Etsy if anyone is interested. I giving shape to my ideas but I'd also like to know what patterns interest you guys, in hope that I can be of help.

Edited by mariuspirvu