Beardedbandana

Request: Homemade Ez Edger?

My best seller is the standard veg tan belt. I'd like to reduce the amount of time it takes me to make them.

The Weaver edgers are pretty dang awesome, but have a pretty ridiculous price.

Has anyone attempted to make a home made tool to edge multiple sides at once?

I've thought about shelling out for the Weaver edger wheels for ~$180.00 and building a frame around them in wood.

Any feedback is welcome!

for reference: http://www.weaverleathersupply.com/Catalog/ItemContent.aspx?ItemNumber=29255&CatalogId=001&CatalogDetailId=51&NSM=Y

I can sometimes be a had a little cheaper on eBay. There's a seller who regularly puts them up for sale.

I wouldn't trust a wooden construction and if you're specializing in strap work, I'm sure that this model (or the pro EZ edger) would pay for itself rather quickly.

I'm often surprised when I hear about these small Amish workshops and what they're able to produce. I'm thinking of Beilers for instance. Maybe some of them could make you something like this.

I saw a guy here who had press made by an Amish guy that could click out the belt tip and five holes at once.

Probably something that could also turn out useful for you if you're doing lots of belts.