Josh Ashman

Dbl Shoulder Rig With Removable Mag Pouches

Just finished this up. The mag pouches are flat backed and attach to T nuts that are installed in the reinforcement/tie down snap piece. They do not go all the way through the main holster. This makes it so there is no hardware to rub on the pistols.

Anyway, 8 oz HO on the holsters and mag pouches, the harness is some black drum dyed stuff somebody gave me. It's not quite veg tan and not quite chrome tanned, not sure exactly what it is but it made a nice harness. Fiebings Pro Oil Black on the HO and a light swipe of NF oil then a dunk in 50/50 M&G mixed with water.

Thanks for looking!

Josh

post-19070-0-63930700-1436892365_thumb.jpost-19070-0-68747300-1436892381_thumb.jpost-19070-0-40728600-1436892409_thumb.jpost-19070-0-07455400-1436892426_thumb.jpost-19070-0-20668400-1436892439_thumb.j

I really like that.

Maybe I should build one like that or my 5906s...

As if...

…..RVM45

Awesome

Very nice.

That is a really unique set up Josh. Great work!

I like it also except for the placement of the mag pouches. It make me think having them under the guns like will mean the guns stick out from the body that much more. And I know of no one that doesn't have the room there that will not make the guns show. I know people with broad shoulders and a slim waist but it will still imprint.

On a second look at least they can be removed from under the gun. I think I would have designed the waist hold downs and the mag pouches to attach too the belt and the holsters attach to them even if you have to lower the pouch below the belt. That makes more sense to me.

Edited by Blackey Cole

Thanks for looking an giving your thoughts Blackey.

I am happy with how it turned out and although it is a little bit of a novelty item I would be fine to carry this rig under a mid weight jacket or coat. Two full size 1911's and 32 + 2 rounds would all but disappear under a Carhartt chore coat. Not sure that I'd want to pack that around all day although it seemed comfortable enough the little bit I did wear it before sending it out.

Having the spare mags on a belt and not packing 2 full size steel frame pistols does make more sense from a practical point of view. You'll get no disagreement from me on that.

Thanks again for looking!

Josh

Very nice in deed.

I am getting a few requests for shoulder rigs and have decline so far. They just seem intimidating to me. I have told some that this winter I will have time to figure on it.

Unique design, very well executed.