Wade D

New Holster And Near-Completed Money/cartridge Belt

So I've been out of it a while. I posted a few photos of a holster or two I made before. I recently got back into it (it's amazing what supplies you can purchase with 25 hours of overtime money!) and here's a few photos of my recent work.

This here is a holster I made for a fella at a gun store. I had showed him a few photos of some stuff I'd made, and he requested a holster for his replica Schofield. Something with the dyeing went wrong, though, and there's some holidays in the color. Also, the toe plug in it was off-kilter, as I'm not one for cutting circles. Still trying to get that down. Anyhow, I only asked for $25 for it, knowing it didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it, even though the fella was quite satisfied. It is based on the Will Ghormley "Hand of God" rig pattern.

The belt was originally going to be for me, though I feel it's looking well enough I may sell it. It's a cartridge/money belt, again, based on the "Hand of God" belt pattern. I used 6-7 ounce leather for it, essentially doubled the width, got all confused with the math for laying the pattern out, and was able to put it together fairly well. I still need to punch a slot for the ability to insert the money (else I can't rightly call it a money belt, can I?), add a buckle, and finish the edging.

It seems I've run out of space to put photos on. I'll add it in the comments...

Edited by Wade D

Looks like a nice rig from here. Only $25.00???? You gave it away!

Thanks Rohn! I really couldn't sell it for more. Up close, even though it's a solid holster the dye job on it makes it look... Off. Good practice though. I just wish I could figure out why the due didn't take.