Mark842

Konakraft Letter Cutting Set

Hi all,

The long story short is I just purchased a gold mine of leather and tools from a gentleman that was a life long saddle maker. He retired "several years" back according to him after 50 years in the business. For whatever reason he decided to sell all his stuff at a very good price.

I've been working my leather business a few years now and have a bunch of tools but have come across something I have not seen and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with them so I don't ruin them. the name on the set is KonaKraft Tools from the Nocona Belt Co.

This is a die set, full alphabet and a few other pieces for the ends of the words. It cuts out around the letters a s shown in the photos. I can find no info on this set online. I can find plenty of places selling Nocona belts but all I can find on KonaKraft is trademark gibberish.

I did the two letters with a 5lb maul on a pound mat. It cut the letters decent but because of the deflection in the pound mat it shows the outline of the die. So, the big question. I have a 26 ton clicker press and the ole' Harbor freight 12 ton bottle jack press. Anyone know if these dies will stand up to being pressed into a poly type board like my clicker press has? I don't want to bug the guy I purchased them from because he really doesn't remember everything he had. It literally took two uUhaul trucks and Durango jam packed to the gills to get everything he had. All the tools, dies, etc were all packed neatly in plastic totes years ago. With running my business it is probably going to take me 10 years to unpack all this stuff...

I've tried to post pic's but I guess I don't know how.

Mark

post-29879-0-18147800-1437358866_thumb.j

post-29879-0-96060100-1437358876_thumb.j

post-29879-0-75209000-1437358889_thumb.j

post-29879-0-90094800-1437358900_thumb.j

Edited by Mark842

Hi Mark, Sounds like you hit the jackpot! I don't know anything about your brands of dies. I use my 20 ton shop press without using the compressor air hooked up. Only using my arm strength and it works well.

How are you trying to post pics? Message me and I'll help you through it.

I uploaded to my computer and then tried to attach them using the browse button. Kept telling me that it was too big of file. Don't know if the pictures are too big or if I'm trying to attach them the wrong way.

Ok, I had tried that , guess I didn't go small enough. they are now attached to my original post.

thx,

Mark

hmm..guess I'll just have to go for it and see what happens. Nobody seems to know anything about them

On July 20, 2015 at 5:52 PM, Mark842 said:

Hi all,

The long story short is I just purchased a gold mine of leather and tools from a gentleman that was a life long saddle maker. He retired "several years" back according to him after 50 years in the business. For whatever reason he decided to sell all his stuff at a very good price.

I've been working my leather business a few years now and have a bunch of tools but have come across something I have not seen and I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with them so I don't ruin them. the name on the set is KonaKraft Tools from the Nocona Belt Co.

This is a die set, full alphabet and a few other pieces for the ends of the words. It cuts out around the letters a s shown in the photos. I can find no info on this set online. I can find plenty of places selling Nocona belts but all I can find on KonaKraft is trademark gibberish.

I did the two letters with a 5lb maul on a pound mat. It cut the letters decent but because of the deflection in the pound mat it shows the outline of the die. So, the big question. I have a 26 ton clicker press and the ole' Harbor freight 12 ton bottle jack press. Anyone know if these dies will stand up to being pressed into a poly type board like my clicker press has? I don't want to bug the guy I purchased them from because he really doesn't remember everything he had. It literally took two uUhaul trucks and Durango jam packed to the gills to get everything he had. All the tools, dies, etc were all packed neatly in plastic totes years ago. With running my business it is probably going to take me 10 years to unpack all this stuff...

Mark

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Hi mark, 

i was wondering if you are interested in selling this set, if you still have it. Been looking for one for a while or if you happen to know anyone or where I might be able to get one from, that would be great. Thanks, Jeremy 

Got one of these at a Kansas auction if you're still interested.

fairbro@gmail.com

Edited by fairbro

On 7/19/2015 at 7:52 PM, Mark842 said:

Hi all,

Mark

post-29879-0-18147800-1437358866_thumb.j

post-29879-0-96060100-1437358876_thumb.j

post-29879-0-75209000-1437358889_thumb.j

post-29879-0-90094800-1437358900_thumb.j

I have a set of the leather letter punch from Konakraft Tools, Nocona Belt Co.  If anyone is interested, please email me.  Thanks.  Kelly