Jiri Taowski

Travel Wallet / Passport Holder. Critique Is Welcome

I have finished today this passport holder / wallet and as I'm a autodidact would really appretiate some feedback to improve my skills.

It is made from fullgrain veg-tan leather and handstiched.

Critique is welcome =)

post-61065-0-63681300-1437929529_thumb.j

post-61065-0-17825500-1437929531_thumb.j

post-61065-0-76168100-1437929532_thumb.j

post-61065-0-73764000-1437929534_thumb.j

post-61065-0-14418100-1437929537_thumb.j

post-61065-0-50128200-1437929539_thumb.j

Edited by Jiri Taowski

Looks good. I am assuming you are using a clicker die? The edges have that look that its been cut by a clicker die.

Autodidact, I never heard of this word till now. I would fall in that category with you..

The very last picture you want the two leathers pieces to fit flush against each other. Its better to not stitch in the middle of the pieces, rather make the stitch longer. Even length stitch on both sides. When it is one piece that is above the other like the middle stitch for the card slot its better to stitch the way you did.

You can also measure out the length and spacing of the stitching holes so that, there will be no misplaced stitching. This is something I'm still playing around with..

Edited by DavidL

Thank you for the feedback. I don't use a clicker rather when cutting out peaces I leave a few additional mils to cut them off when the pieces are glued. That way I don't have to sand the edges.

I still have to pay more attention to the places where the pieces come together.

Thanks again!

Looks good. I am assuming you are using a clicker die? The edges have that look that its been cut by a clicker die.

Autodidact, I never heard of this word till now. I would fall in that category with you..

The very last picture you want the two leathers pieces to fit flush against each other. Its better to not stitch in the middle of the pieces, rather make the stitch longer. Even length stitch on both sides. When it is one piece that is above the other like the middle stitch for the card slot its better to stitch the way you did.

You can also measure out the length and spacing of the stitching holes so that, there will be no misplaced stitching. This is something I'm still playing around with..