Heh gang, have not been on in a while. Have recently moved the shop from Greensboro, NC to the NC mountains in Boone, NC... beautiful place. Anyway, I've been a Tippmann Boss user for close to 6 years now with narry an issue (Other than the normal learning curve). Have rebuilt it once (again with narry an issue). I broke a cog on the needle shaft gear, ordered the part and replaced it. Other than taking a bit to get the timing back to right it worked fine at that point with both 138 thread/ 130 to 169 needle and 277and 346 thread/230 needle. For some reason recently it lost its timing and the needles occasionally impacted the bobbin shuttle ring. I checked all of the adjustments, made a call to Tippmann customer service and reset the timing. In addition I made sure that the roller thread take-up arm was adjusted properly (it wasn't) and that the tension on the thread take-up lever was as well adjusted properly. So, I've now got the timing back to snuff but I now have to tighten the primary/secondary tension a bit more than normal and loosen the bobbin tension a good bit more than normal. It works, but wonder if any of you have had the same issue? We've got Tippmann stumped so now wonder if some of the parts are just worn. I've used the machine daily for 6 years (with occasional time of for me) and have properly oiled, adjusted and cared for it (with the exception of letting my thread take-up lever get looser than it should). Any ideas?, thoughts?, suggestions? I've got a TechSew 2700 that I use occasionally but it just cant replace the Boss.

Hmmm, surprised that no one has any ideas. No worries, did a good bit of hard internet searching and located this site http://tippmannboss.blogspot.com/. Now, before anyone says duh!, even professionals need assist on equipment from time to time. I honestly was surprised that Tippmann did not offer any of the suggestions on the blog listed above. Anyone with a Tippmann Boss needs to bookmark this site. You have to read through it a bit as searching on the blog is a bit tough but most issues are covered in it. My specific problem was that the HS-50 Roller Thread Take Up had shifted about 1/16" to the right on the Needle Bar Shaft. I must have moved it laterally when I adjusted the Thread Lever Take up. All's better now. Keep stitching! Dave

Glad to hear you fixed it. Thanks for the link.