Art if I can keep the shipping under 200 we will split it and I will do everything so this means you max 125 shipping sound good

If it's anymore we can figure something out there is a alot of leather that's a lot of weight

I am sorry, that is just too much for what it is. Please sell it to someone else. I don't want it.

Art

Are you kidding?I really don't understand at what price are you interested?I had all the info posted and you said you interested I ate half the shipping what else would you like?I will lower it to 500 plus your half of the shipping we have gone back and forth for what reason?art tell me what you think?

To the Moderators, you should really model this section as a CLASSIFIED section with no posting allowed, and then have buyers/sellers feedback like ebay would keep thing much easier and keep track of both people to see good sellers good buyers to eliminate all this nonsense sorry for the rant

Yes sorry I will leave it at that he has wasted alot of my time,anybody else wants it PM ONLY will be answered I'm not here as a serial forum poster or window shopper or seller thanks

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly what was for sale, and how much it would cost to put it on my doorstep. There is no reason to demean me for determining that it was not a good deal. Lose the attitude and the pressure and maybe someone else will buy your stuff. I never agreed to the deal, I was only really interested in the straps, which I had tried on many instances to buy from you, but you couldn't come up with a price with shipping. I certainly have not wasted your time anymore than you have wasted mine.

Art

To the Moderators, you should really model this section as a CLASSIFIED section with no posting allowed, and then have buyers/sellers feedback like ebay would keep thing much easier and keep track of both people to see good sellers good buyers to eliminate all this nonsense sorry for the rant

On the contrary, I find the posts most illuminating. Plus, with the posts, there is no need for feedback. I think we can usually get a pretty good idea who we want to deal with and who we don't by simply observing a few of these threads.

And why are you so upset with Art? You offered me a price on something else, then sold it privately. Kind of the same thing. What did you tell me? Something like; the deal isn't done until you have the money in front of you. And this was just a matter of him trying to figure out shipping. Nothing was even settled on yet.

Edited by Mike516

Anybody else want to kick tires or buy windows,I will say it again Classified section with buyer/seller feedback gets rid of all the window washing that's all I'm saying everyone has a cent and a half to put in this is not the place I think

Promises, promises.

He said the same thing at the end of June; Sent 30 June 2015 - 04:28 PM; "I'm done with this forum".

And I see those punches that were in his thread that was locked that he offered to me for $100 and then sold the same day are available again in this thread.

If you want to base your prices on what you paid, don't blame people that their tire washers or window kickers or whatever nonsense that is if your prices are too high. Then you berate people for making offers!

Yeah, I haven't seen anything he was selling that was 24k gold-plated. No need to jerk people around and call them a bunch of names like that. Not very cooperative, wants wire transfers for payment, no thank you. I am glad Art and yourself posted what you did. Sometimes this is the only info us buyers can get on whether to buy from someone like this or not.

Personally, I stopped being a potential customer after I saw he would only take a bank wire transfer for payment. Then I saw his prices and shipping cost. Funny he's selling those punches again he'd already had sold before. :)

Hee hee I lied, that's to the last couple of posts I would tell you guys to find a hobby but I guess you both found one and it doesn't have anything to do with leather, wow how bored one must be to follow me around, smile smile happy face happy face lol! Oh yeah stopped being a "potential" customer priceless you guys are great I guess this will get locked now,let's see who's going to rush and make a post this is kinda fun now I see why this stuff happens "priceless"to the rest of the leather working community here thank you! And I'm sorry most have been great!

No Sir,

I am not going to lock a thread for something as silly as your last post, and am certainly not going to let you have the last word. Having forums where folks can haggle over price serves a purpose of any low-ball bids being seen by all and others having the ability to make a higher offer. All this without the eBay fees. I still do recommend Paypal as a payment method because there is recourse if the seller doesn't follow through. While we do require prices in this forum (and if not provided the potential buyer should request them), we don't require shipping. If the buyer asks for it, a firm shipping quote should be provided, or who the hell will want to buy from you? Furthermore, the tenor of any haggling should be pleasant, and easy going. Leatherworkers are a pleasant bunch, you seldom see a counteroffer if the deal is anywhere near reasonable. Simple offer/counteroffer types of haggling can be effective and civil. Like I said before, everyone is watching, so the seller will seldom get screwed, an exceptional deal is hard to pass-up. From the buyer's side, there are sharks that occasionally roam these waters, and I (in particular, but not exclusively) will go shark hunting if I see a fin starting to rise. I understand that the seller is trying to get as much for his item as he can, but I also know that the buyer is trying to get what he wants for as cheap as possible. Capitalism is always a case of supply vs. demand, but outright head-butting will put a buyer off faster than most would imagine. Remember please that the buyer has the gold, and the seller dances to the buyers tune; or the seller doesn't dance at all.

Art

HA IM BACK, YUP THIS THREAD IS PRICELESS, this is better than TV! Lots of characters!

Lots of characters for sure...like you. I can't even understand your posts sometimes because you use ALL CAPS and little to no punctuation...that's what my 8 yr old does sometimes for reference.

Edited by smirak

Tossik, my turn to follow you around, I can get bored and have nothing to do (ha ha) and smirak, and keepUp, thee, good LEatherworking, GRETTTTT, WORKE, I THINK I wi, l leather work just like yOU,

LIKE I said you guys are priceless toss,it also great stuff keepUp the good work and stay busy great bunch these LEatherworking people here!

Oh forgot keep trolling on this thread lol may be,, I should start a twitter.and see how many people can follow the leader eh? Hee hee

That was a really good one tossit, keep tossing!!

OK you can carry on had my fun and you great!

This is one of the most bizarre threads I've ever read.  This guy is looney tunes, and a complete jackass to boot.

I can't see how anyone would ever even consider doing business with a creep like this.