Eccho

Double Loop Edge Braiding With Two Colors.

I hope I have this in the proper forum. i use double loop braid around the edge of many of my bags, seats etc. I have been looking for a tutorial on how to do double loop braid using two different colors of lace. I have played with it on my own, and I have come close but I am missing a step somewhere along the line. If anyone has a link to a good tutorial I would appreciate it. Thank you. Eccho

I hope I have this in the proper forum. i use double loop braid around the edge of many of my bags, seats etc. I have been looking for a tutorial on how to do double loop braid using two different colors of lace. I have played with it on my own, and I have come close but I am missing a step somewhere along the line. If anyone has a link to a good tutorial I would appreciate it. Thank you. Eccho

Like so? Two tone Mexican Round Braid

Like this? Or something else?

post-54645-0-00012100-1438908199_thumb.j

No I don't think so, although I am not familiar with the Mexican round braid it looks a lot more involved than double loop braid. Thank you for your effort though, it is appreciated. Eccho

post-49204-0-00936900-1438908660_thumb.jThis is what I would like to learn to do.

I find it hard to believe that no one on this site has any idea how to do this, or has never seen a tutorial. Come on folks, maybe a book to recommend!

I find it hard to believe that no one on this site has any idea how to do this, or has never seen a tutorial. Come on folks, maybe a book to recommend!

Wow.

Ok, well if you're just dying to know what that is and how to do it, I'd recommend going on facebook and joining the Rawhide and Roo Braiders' Guild group and ask on there. Someone in there will likely know as there are a lot of very proficient braiders that are not on this forum.

Okay, thank you, I appreciate the info. Eccho

It is actually very easy, almost identical to single color double loop. Tandy sells a lacing book with great pictures. I believe it is on page 17. they sell two books, it is the cheaper of the two.

As to how to do it, you handle it just like double loop but when you start you use two laces, one color in the first hole, the other color in hole two. Proceed forward like double loop, but with every stitch you alternate which lace you are using.

Thank you electrathon. I have played with it for a while now, and I can get it to look proper, except at the beginning and probably the end. Something I am just not doing to start properly. Never the less, I shall order the books and with what you have said and maybe some illustrations, this too shall be overcome. Your assistance is much appreciated. They say you can't teach old dogs new tricks, I just started using a cutting wheel a week ago, now I regret not trying one long ago, so maybe I can learn this too. Thanks again. Eccho

Look into the nexican round braid its a lot easier then it looks and it uses 4 strands so you could do four different colors