DannyGray

Pfaff Repair Manuals

Hi Everyone,

Are there any Pfaff manuals that go into depth on how to repair these industrial machines? I have searched the web but did not come up with anything. I have managed to repair some odd problems without them but it takes a lot of time and patience.

Any help would be gratefully welcomed.

Thanks Dan

Hi Everyone,

Are there any Pfaff manuals that go into depth on how to repair these industrial machines? I have searched the web but did not come up with anything. I have managed to repair some odd problems without them but it takes a lot of time and patience.

Any help would be gratefully welcomed.

Thanks Dan

Dan,

Pfaff has a lot of books, some awful, and some really fantastic, but it can depend heavily on the model. What model do you have for starters? This would help pin down what may be available to you.

Hi Gregg, I have several machines, Pfaff 138, 145, 433, and 463 Old style ( Pfaff tells me the pulleys and belt are different from newer models. Can't find replacement belts for this model.

Thanks for any help you can give me on this subject.

Dan

Pfaff makes manuals for some of its machines available here:

https://www.pfaff-industrial.de/en/support/downloads/technical?set_language=en

The manuals cover mostly newer models, so yours may not be in the list.

Thanks Gruss. I am looking for in depth information about the machines and how the work. Pfaff machines have a lot going on inside and I would like to find out how the work.

Dan

Thanks Gruss. I am looking for in depth information about the machines and how the work. Pfaff machines have a lot going on inside and I would like to find out how the work.

Dan

I’m in the same situation. I have a Pfaff 1245.

I’m in training to rebuild and service sewing machines, and my tutor has set me a test of sorts while he’s out of town.

I need to figure out how to rebuild this Pfaff 1245 “old casting”.

I have every version of the manual I have found so far.

The problem right now is the Pressure Foot.

The outer foot isn’t going up and down. And I can’t find any shaft that powers it.

I know there are repair gurus here with mad skillz.

Adjusting the inner reciprocating foot is easy, and you set it to a clearance of 7mm.

I can’t find the power shaft that makes the outer foot “walk”.

The manual page 11-11 in this Pfaff 1245 instruction manual talks about adjusting the outer presser foot lift. Perhaps the old Pfaff 1245 version has similar adjustments. The concept of these linkages shouldn't have changed dramatically.

On some of my machines the amount of outer presser foot lift depends on how much material I have under the feet. Without any material under the feet, the outer presser foot doesn't lift much, if at all (this is probably not right). With some leather under the feet, the outer foot lifts and "walks" as it should. I need to look into that. I'm pretty sure the outer presser foot list is linked to the inner foot, to make sure the outer foot lifts a certain height above whatever the inner foot rests on, no matter how much material is under the feet.

I did stumble across a sewing machine repair book series form the '50s recently (also available in PDF format here: http://www.occaphot-ch.com/bernina-startseite/industrie-masch/ ) . Alas, the problem is (although not for me) that they're apparently only available in German. The book series goes into great detail on how different sewing machine technologies and concepts work and how to repair machines.

Edited by Uwe

On 8/12/2015 at 11:59 AM, Uwe said:

Another resource for older Pfaff manuals, including 138, 145, etc. is here:

http://dixiesewingmachine.tzo.com/PFAFF%20SERVICE%20BOOK.htm

Hi, I think the link above is broken but I googled dixiesewingmachines and found tons of manuals for Pfaff and many other machines

http://dixiesewing.com/SERVICE MANUAL.htm

I just purchased a Pfaff 138 and while I love it I am also struggling with the bobbin/needle relationship I am not even sure how they got out of sync. Lots of learning ahead.