huns

Mini Trunk

What type of stitch do you do for the corners or are you using some type of support to sew into?

Beautiful, Huns

I'm wondering about the non-stitched corners / edges.

Did you just use edge paint on the folded grain side or did you sand or edge bevel them before the paint?

It is another great creation that you've come up with.

Edited by byggyns

Can we get a view of the inside? Making a dopp kit and would like to have boxed corners but not sure how to assemble and stitch the corners.

Edited by DS STRAPS

One thing I've noticed about huns is he pretty much never answers anyone's questions. I don't know if it's a language barrier thing (possible) or what, but don't anyone hold your breath about getting any information about anything from him.

Not complaining or meant to be rude or anything else like that, so please do not read extra things into what I said that I *didn't* say. I am simply lowering everyone's expectations of getting an answer to their questions.

In case anyone is wondering 18cm is just a dash over 7 inches.

based on the first two images i'd say the "non-stitched edges" are actually just painted with edge paint to give the illusion of two pieces joined. As for the stitching. Very sharp awls with a small needle and VERY careful hands along with lots of time and patience.

EXCELLENT work. love to see more.

The first two pictures shows clearly that the lid and base is made from one single leather piece each. The sides are simply folded and edge painted to give a more uniform look. However, this craftsmanship is anything but simple. Excellent work as usual from a Korean master.

The first two pictures shows clearly that the lid and base is made from one single leather piece each. The sides are simply folded and edge painted to give a more uniform look. However, this craftsmanship is anything but simple. Excellent work as usual from a Korean master.

From the picture it does not look like the leather was cut out to have the sides folded and stitched

Very nice! What are the dimensions?

18cm width x 11cm height x 7cm depth.

Thank you.

What type of stitch do you do for the corners or are you using some type of support to sew into?

it called 'box stitch'. it's for make leather box sewing.

Can we get a view of the inside? Making a dopp kit and would like to have boxed corners but not sure how to assemble and stitch the corners.

I'll add some photos, next time.

Hun beautiful work thank you for taking the time and sharing!

Thanks for sharing pictures of the process, huns!

Very nice work!

Thanks for all the photos Huns. Awesome work.

Thanks for sharing Huns. If you don't mind, may I know what leather and the thickness did you use? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your technique and taking the pictures to show us the steps. Very helpful for all of us to see.

Thanks for sharing Huns. If you don't mind, may I know what leather and the thickness did you use? Thanks.

This leather is called BUTTERO from Italy.

I used 2.8~3 thickness, thicker is better.

This leather is called BUTTERO from Italy.

I used 2.8~3 thickness, thicker is better.

On projects where you need to skive the edges, do you skive them by hand or do you have a skiving machine? Judging by the rest of your awesome work, I am guessing it is by hand, but was curious about that...

Edited by 25b

On projects where you need to skive the edges, do you skive them by hand or do you have a skiving machine? Judging by the rest of your awesome work, I am guessing it is by hand, but was curious about that...

I have skiving machine, in this case, I had hand skiving.

Oh, well it definitely looks great no matter how you do it...

Curious which skiving machine you use...I am working on getting one to use here too...

Oh, well it definitely looks great no matter how you do it...

Curious which skiving machine you use...I am working on getting one to use here too...

I use NIPPY old model.