Sign in to follow this  
MADMAX22

maglight/gerber holder

Hey guys I thought the idea of the Tandy light and mutlitool was kind of cool so I made this which is kind of a spin off of that. Its for christmas and is going to be sent with a gerber tool similer to the one in it as a present. I put the initials on there but didnt want a whole bunch of stuff so just carved them in and called it good.

Took a couple before the DIP then dunked it in vinagaroon. I still gotta get it oiled and put a coat or two of snowseal on it. This was actually my second attempt at this one but Im pretty satisfied with it. Maybe change a few minor things next time. As allways up for any suggestions or critique.

resized_back_plain.JPG

resized_front_plain.JPG

dipped_front_resized.JPG

dipped_side_resized.JPG

post-5781-1228105356_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1228105363_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1228105368_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1228105373_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I think that I have it worked out enough now that I may do a couple more, one for myself and a couple for some guys at work.

Turned out really good. Now you need to repaint your light to match that nice holster.

Art

Heres another one I finished tonight. Another gift for someone.

Used a belt clip on this one and did a little beveling on the initials.

I am just wondering if I did the belt clip correctly. It seems that all thats really holding it in there is the rivit. I guess thats how it is suppose to work right.

back_plain_resized.JPG

resized_front_plain.JPG

resized_black_front.JPG

post-5781-1228299212_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1228299229_thumb.jpg

post-5781-1228299242_thumb.jpg

It came out very good, and clean. Though I might suggest a new MagLite for a gift rather than a used one :eusa_naughty:

It came out very good, and clean. Though I might suggest a new MagLite for a gift rather than a used one :eusa_naughty:

LOL yes that is my old school light that is used for fitting and such. It is not included.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I kind of screwed up a tad on the last one though as the hardware was installed prior to dipping and it tarnished the metal a bit and Im sure got to the rivit as well. Still it will serve its purpose as it is gonna see some seriouse abuse which will be a good test to its stamina. If it brakes or comes apart Ill make em a new one (hopefully not too soon lol)

That looks great!

Good job!

William

great work very nice. First rate job

Josh

I am just wondering if I did the belt clip correctly. It seems that all thats really holding it in there is the rivit. I guess thats how it is suppose to work right.

You did it correct. The rivit is all that holds it in place. Another method would have been to cut a slit and not use the second layer of leather on the rear of the sheath, it would be a little thinner that way.

Thanks for the input guys.

Its much appreciated.