Keebz

Bed Attatchment Holes

Hi everyone I've been looking for a binder attatchment, but my machine does not have the 2 attatchment holes. I'm in South Carolina and have been searching where to find a mechanic who could maybe tap them for me but I have had no luck. Was wondering if anyone knew a mechanic here in SC or if they'd be willing to share their knowledge on how to do it myself. I consider myself pretty handy I just do not know the layout for the attatchment holes. My machine is a consew 227r

You could try to buy a new slide plate from a friendly sewing machine dealer either in your area or at one of the dealers who have banners on top of this page and ask them if they could tap some thread in the correct postion. Can´t be too expensive. The plates are just $12 or so on Ebay - maybe a bit more at a local dealer.

Or buy a flip down edge guide and try to attach the binder attachment to it. I have heard people did that but I persoanly have not tried it. A flip down guide is very usefull anyway.

You're always very helpful and I thank you a lot. I really appreciate you taking your time to help explain things to me

Can you post a picture of your machine head and perhaps the binder you plan to use?

Edited by Uwe

Somebody came up with an interesting way to attach a binder to his Consew 227R, as posted here: http://gearmaker.org/index.php?topic=347.0

I have a feeling this guy considered drilling holes directly into the top plate, but must have had reasons to go another route.

The curved top plate may not lend itself to mounting a binder directly to it, perhaps due to tight space and moving parts directly underneath (having a screw extend below the top plate may interfere with moving parts).

The parts list for the Consew 227 series has 38 parts listed on page 17 that are special to the synchronized binder version of this machine (227RFS).

Here's a picture of the custom binder setup and the owner's description:

post-56402-0-03843500-1440370496_thumb.p

My Adler 67 has the standard mounting holes for attachments. Sailrite makes a nice binder attachment that uses these standard mounting holes and it may work on your 227R as well. The curvature of the top plate on the Consew 227 may still be an issue, as it will slightly tilt any attachment due to the offset of the mounting holes towards the front.

I measured the mounting hole locations on my Adler 67 and took two pictures to illustrate their locations and distances from the centered needle position (stitch length set to "0"):

post-56402-0-21486800-1440375216_thumb.jpost-56402-0-92488400-1440375223_thumb.j

Edited by Uwe

Thank you very much. That is who I contacted about the binder attatchment and they told me I'd have to tap the two holes for it to work

See attached, this is an image from Tenn. Attachment's catalog. Note the slide plate cover/bobbin cover incorporated into the binder attachment, and the attaching screw that can run on a rail, if you will, side to side and locked into place with a thumb screw. Binders on a Consew 227 or Singer 153 are not uncommon, and this is a pretty good way to tackle a binder install on this style machine. As you can see, in this case, it's all going to be custom work.

post-14272-0-22206600-1440428911_thumb.j

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

I don't see any attatchment

I don't see any attatchment

Got it, tried a few times to upload this image, didn't want to work this morning until now.

No not completely. Here are a few picturespost-63599-0-72402600-1441085585_thumb.jpost-63599-0-91716400-1441085615_thumb.j