Konapaniolo

First Attempt

Hey everyone. This is my first major leather project. Let me know what you think. I made a total of 8 identical Saddle Bags for the Flathead County Sheriff's Posse in Montana. I Used 9 oz Yellow Latigo leather for the bag and 4 oz yellow latigo for the gusset. Can't wait for the next project.post-45023-0-36617700-1441148858_thumb.jpost-45023-0-88618400-1441148879_thumb.j

Nice and clean. One Caveat, you need to clean-up your radius where it meets the straight line. As you know it makes your stitching "wonkie"also.

ferg

Thanks for the feedback. Still getting used to the knives. Do you think sanding the edges would help?

Edited by Konapaniolo

Your diameter of the "half circle" is more than the width of the straight portion of the body of your bag.

Match the two and everything will work. :)

ferg

Great thanks, Ferg.....

Nice bags. You could use a harness leather to change the look just enough to give the wow factor.

Don't know if you burnished the edges or not. That too will make a big difference.

Looks awesome. I grew up in ranch country, and you either loved the cowboy stuff or you hated it. I... was not in the "love it" category. I still have a hard time finding interest in anything cowboy-, cattle- or horse-related, but I have to admit these bags look great! If this was your first project, I am doubly impressed. And making a run of 8 at once... kudos. I don't have that kind of consistency yet!

Where did you find the yellow latigo? I've been looking for some time and have not been able to find any that is really yellow, so it will take lighter colored dyes. Appreciate knowing where you buy it. Bags look great.