Is there a need or demand for old shoe last? A friend has many of these. They were from an old factory that closed. I know nothing about them other than most are wooden but there are a few plastic ones. They have numbers on them and I'd assume it's a size and a width. They have a strong hinge in front of the heel area as I've pinched myself with them before. Most have several circles in various places around the last with leather inserts. It appears these inserts are where a small nail or brad might be inserted to hold part of the shoe in place. I don't know the age of these last but they've been there as long as I can remember. Any comment would be appreciated! Thanks

There are many old lasts for sale on Ebay. I have bought quite a few for the leather shoes I make. Most are pretty well used and require some filling of nail holes. I reshape them to the styles I desire to make. You can look on Ebay and get an idea what prices they are getting.

If they are in pairs, depending on style, there is a demand. Where are they located? Are you trying to sell them one pair at a time or do you want o fill p the bed of someone's trunk? This will have a huge affect on value.

I am interested depending on price and location.

There are many old lasts for sale on Ebay. I have bought quite a few for the leather shoes I make. Most are pretty well used and require some filling of nail holes. I reshape them to the styles I desire to make. You can look on Ebay and get an idea what prices they are getting.

I kind of looked around on Ebay and I thought most of those offered were for sale as antiques or novelties. Maybe some are bought or sold by you people who actually use them but I was primarily asking about someone who might be interested in larger numbers. The owner is supposed to have someone interested in some of them but I don't know how many.

If they are in pairs, depending on style, there is a demand. Where are they located? Are you trying to sell them one pair at a time or do you want o fill p the bed of someone's trunk? This will have a huge affect on value.

I am interested depending on price and location.

They are in KY (Sorry I updated my profile to reflect my location) As told I don't own them. I noticed you are a great distance away but he has said he would like to sell all of them. Many are rotting due to sun and water damage. I'm sure it would make you sad to see such a site. Others are stored in better conditions..AS far as style I really never paid that much attention to that. Ask as many questions as you want and I'll try to answer..

Men's? Women's? High heal? Adult? Child? How big is the pile if all put in a box? How much does he want is sold as a package?

If they are pretty beat up they are not incredibly valuable. There are some listed locally on Craig's list for $2 each, but they are not paired.

I may have some interest also. How many are in good condition? What styles? What size ranges per style? Heel size ranges per style? Many many questions to give them any value. How many pairs do you have? Are they in Pairs? Are they useable, they're firewood if they're not. I will be in Gatlinburg later this month, if it is not too far, I could take a day and come and give them a look. Does he have a price in mind? I need to know before I burn the gas to get to you, if I have to bring a truck, that thing eats gas.

Let me know.

Art

I'll try to answer all questions in one here. As I said these last are from a factory, The owner doesn't live here on the property and when he comes down we are discussing other things and rarely do these get mentioned. I would assume there are last for many types of shoes for Men, women, Children but I don't see as many children's sizes lying around. As I said earlier there are very many......... I will attempt to call the owner and discuss these with him and hopefully get some better answers for you. Please be patient!

I would also be interested in buying a few pairs. Please PM me when you talk to your friend.

I might be interested in any that are marked "Munson" or "Modified Munson" depending on condition, sizes, and price.

I might be interested in any that are marked "Munson" or "Modified Munson" depending on condition, sizes, and price.

I wouldn't know a Munson or Modified Munson from any other last. Read next post please.

I'm sorry that I seem to have created something here and I cannot answer all your questions at this time. When I posted I was merely trying to determine if there was a market or demand for these. Hoping the owner would be interested in selling them if they could be moved in larger numbers. I had set out a few at a yard sale with the owners permission a few years ago and didn't have a buyer. I don't even think there was much interest showed in them.. At that time I only thought of them as a novelty or antique that someone might be interested in as a home decor thing. I have set an watched these last deteriorate for years an many are as one poster said "no more than fire wood" Then as I got to digging around on this forum I found you guys, who seem to be seriously interested in them for what they were intended to be used. ........There are those mentioned that have been exposed but there are many more that I think are still very serviceable. However I cannot tell you by looking at them if the are Man's, Women's, or Children (although there are some smaller ones). I cannot explain to you what it would take to go through these and find answers for you.

I could post pics if you want but until the owner decides something I'm stuck.

Thanks for being patient.

You might have more success here if you'd post pictures showing sizes and styles. I may be interested too but I need to see what is offered.

You might have more success here if you'd post pictures showing sizes and styles. I may be interested too but I need to see what is offered.

DrmCa as I mentioned in a previous post I don't know one last from another. To me they all look pretty much the same with the exception of size and some minor differences in the shapes. To someone who knows this business the types would probably be more readily apparent. Again I stress I do not own these or have any control over them, I hope to hear from the owner soon!