Jfrancis

Singer 111G117 Manual Wanted

Hi there,

Just picked up this little beauty and just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a manual for it.

While I am here does anyone know what the G and the 117 stand for.

I think this was a UK and Aus version of the machine and I am located in Australia.

I am presuming the standard singer 111 parts fit this machine.

Will be upgrading it with a servo shortly.

Thanks in Advance.

Edit: would like to know how to change the stitch length and adjust the pressure of the presser foot so it don't mark

the leather.

Edited by Jfrancis

G is for Germany. Early German Singers had a D for "Deuschland" in their model numbers but in 1945 the Singer factory in Wittenberge / Prussia was disassembled in 1945 by the Russians.

In the 1950´s Singer started again in West Germany and these machines have a G in their model number.

If you don´t mind please post some pictures of your machine.

It is the same machine as the 111w117 and the 117 subclass has an edge cutter as far as I know (if not removed).

Yes, it takes the same parts - I have a 111G156 and all standard Singer 111 fit this machine.

I hope the attached files will help you (parts list & manual)

111W116_117.pdf

111W152_W153_W154_W155.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks for the reply and with your help.

These machines look better and more robust in real life compared to a photo.

Do you know how to change the thread size? I had a look at mine inside the hole on the right side and could not see any numbers.

Thanks Again.

111g117.jpg

It´s your first sewing machine, right?

You can change the thread size by using larger size needle and adjusting the top tension (and maybe bottom tension) accordingly.

Manual tells you how to change the stitch length. It´s a good idea to read the manual first anyway. ;)

Just as a note - looks like your machine has no safety clutch - at least it has no button for re-engaging it. Furthermore seems it once was a 2 needle machine because it has a tension unit for 2 threads and a longer bed to accommodate a 2nd hook on the left side.

It´s your first sewing machine, right?

You can change the thread size by using larger size needle and adjusting the top tension (and maybe bottom tension) accordingly.

Manual tells you how to change the stitch length. It´s a good idea to read the manual first anyway. ;)

Just as a note - looks like your machine has no safety clutch - at least it has no button for re-engaging it. Furthermore seems it once was a 2 needle machine because it has a tension unit for 2 threads and a longer bed to accommodate a 2nd hook on the left side.

Yep its my first machine. MIght explain why I can only sew 8" and the thread breaks.

Ill only use one top tension rather than both.

I was going to buy a new one to be honest but I felt intimidated with such a machine since I have never used one and

machines here in Aus are expensive and not too many 2nd hand machines come up for sale.

I thought I might as well get used to being around one and have a play with one hence why I purchased it.

I don't think it has a stitch adjuster though as I can not see any numbers or number markers in the hole on the right hand

side of the machine.

Got a sewing technician coming out to check the machine and get it going for me.

At the moment its marking the leather but might need to change the feet to smoother ones.

Edited by Jfrancis

Constabulary the machine sews really well after a service and setup today.

Just ordered a servo motor for it because the clutch is high rpm and from the 1960's.

Just a question. The stitch width adjuster is on the shaft and the screw needs to be adjusted rather

than other units where you press the button and turn the shaft.

Do you know of any clear instructions on how to achieve this? Would I do any damage if I tampered with this screw?

Thanks in advance.

I just looked at the parts manual (looked at the parts drawings not checking the parts # & nomenclatures) and if your machine looks like the one in the manual then I would assume it has a safety clutch (I thought it hasn´t) and the button in the flat bed is for reengaging it BUT it either has no stitch length adjuster (fixed stitch length) or it has a different stitch length mechanism.

Can you post a picture of the underside of your machine?

Usually the 111´s have two buttons in the flat bed, left one for adjusting the stitch lenght (hold it down and adjust the stitch length by turning the hand wheel) and the right one is for reengaging the safety clutch.

So I´m not certain if it is possible and how to adjust the stitch length on your machine.

Edited by Constabulary

HI,

Sorry for reviving an old post. Have not used the machine for a while and decided to pass it on to mum for some sewing.

I am having issues loading up the bobbin under the needle. I thought the bobbin case was easy to remove.

Have no idea and have spent hours on it/ Does anyone have any ideas how to load the bobbin or remove the bobbin case?

Thanks

Joe

And it is missing all the knife trimming mechanisms!   I have a a 111W117.  The 111w116 is the same machine but does not have the automatic tension adjustment.  This machine is base on the 111W153 with the hook on the left side of the needle.  great machine.  Mine will cut thru 10 layers of Cordura!!!   Uses a 126x11 needle

On 5/18/2020 at 12:54 AM, shoepatcher said:

And it is missing all the knife trimming mechanisms!   I have a a 111W117.  The 111w116 is the same machine but does not have the automatic tension adjustment.  This machine is base on the 111W153 with the hook on the left side of the needle.  great machine.  Mine will cut thru 10 layers of Cordura!!!   Uses a 126x11 needle

Hi,

I have the 111w117. Would anyone have the manual they could send me please?

Cheers,

Andrew

7 hours ago, Andydrew said:

Hi,

I have the 111w117. Would anyone have the manual they could send me please?

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm sorry, have the parts manual now, the link works now I have joined.

thanks,

Andrew

I have a 112W117 from the 1920s. The stitch length adjustment is a screw on the eccentric that adjusts the throw. It is located under the top cover plate. Turn the screw and sew a test stitch line until the length is to your liking. There is no stitch length readout. There is a service manual posted in the files in the Vintage Industrial Sewing Machines group on Facebook.