Weaver Leather Supply

Weaver Leather Introduction

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dustin and I work at Weaver Leather in our Supply Division. I am excited to join this forum and look forward to answering any questions about Weaver Leather in general, what we have to offer, or specific product questions. I would also like to hear suggestions on how we can better serve our customers. Keep in mind, we have both retail and wholesale pricing structures so we are able to take care of everyone's needs from small to large.

Retail Website: www.weaverleathersupply.com

Corporate Supply Website: www.weaverleather.com/Supply.aspx

Find us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/leathersupply

In order to receive a wholesale catalog with pricing included, you must qualify for sales tax exempt purchases in your state. Please contact me for the application for a wholesale account or apply online at the corporate site above. Once approved and set up, we now have a business-to-business wholesale ordering website as an option to place your orders. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,

Dustin

Hi Dustin,

Regarding your 4 ton clicker, how much room is there between the metal base and the presser foot?

Does anyone use your clicker for embossing?

Hi Dustin...

I'll be in N Canton in a couple weeks. Want to come out for a visit. Do you operate a retail side of the supply side, or is it all mail/online ordering? For example, if I needed/wanted some supplies/tools that I can order online, could I buy in your store and take them home with me?

Thanks!

Kevin

Banwell, yes we do have people using the clicker for embossing. If you have standard flat stamps you typically need to put an additional 1" board or piece of plywood under the clicker board for some additional height. Then with the clickers cam design you dial in the pressure you want and the handle will actually go over center when you go all the way down and will lock in and you can leave it sit for a few seconds like that for a nice embossing job.

Dustin is a Great guy to deal with at Weaver.. He has gone out of his way more than once for us..Nice to have you here Larry and Isabel..

Really great to see you here! Were have you been for so long? :)

First of all I have to say that I'm very satisfied with the tools and machinery I have from Weaver.

Being European buying from you is not really an option at the moment mostly because of the exchange rate. And shipping prices are always a bummer.

So I was wondering if you have any European stockists or retail partners?

Larry and Isabel, thanks for the kind words, I enjoy working with you, and its always nice to see you here at our auction every year.

Simontuntelder, good to hear you have had good experiences with our tools and machinery. We do have a European Distributor. Logis de Cordes, in Firminy, France. www.logisdecordes.com

Contact info is on the website, if you have any trouble contacting them let me know and I will get in touch with our European rep for a more direct contact route. There is also a leather workers trade show coming up in Firminy in a couple weeks. The first one there put on by Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal, we are not displaying there but our distributor will be displaying a lot of our supplies.

Welcome Dustin.

Glad to see you here Dustin. Weaver has been good to me along the way, and I am sure the others here will benefit from your involvement in this web-sight.

Bob

Welcome Dustin. I very recently dealt with Sheryl and Dani setting up my wholesale account and getting an order put together for a rush project for a wedding. (Long story) They were a joy to work with and I have standardized most of my hardware on Weaver supplies since you have the quality and durability I am looking for. I'm just getting to know my new Little Wonder and got the snap setter figured out yesterday. What a pleasure to use.

Now, if we could just convince you to stock Tiger Thread and European style pricking irons, I wouldn't have to go anywhere else... :)

-Sean

I second stocking Tiger thread. Dustin, I talked to our Weaver sales rep today (Marcus Miller) about stocking the Tiger thread as well. Hopefully we will see some in that line soon!

Tom

This isn't the first request I have heard for Tiger thread. We will put it on the list for consideration next year. Thanks for the suggestions and welcomes.

Now, on the thread...can someone point me in the right direction? I see that this is Ritza thread? What # would be what you want? Is there a source domestically I could buy a sample?

Edited by Weaver Leather Supply

Dustin, it's Ritza 25 specifically.

Rocky Mountain Leather out of Utah sells it in 25m lengths (At a HUGE markup) and in 1.0 mm spools for a few colors, also at a rather large markup. I assume this is to cover the shipping, which he tends to do for free with larger orders.

Otherwise it's Abbey England. And their web site is currently hosed so you can't pay unless you live in the UK. Go ahead, ask me how I know that...

http://www.abbeyengland.com/Store/tabid/77/ProductID/68933/CategoryID/202/Category2ID/27/List/1/Level/2/language/en-GB/Default.aspx?addmessage=success_c_Tiger+Polyester+Braided+Thread+Waxed++++

I just ordered one spool of about half of their entire line. (It's nice to have a day job still) The $50 shipping is less than the markup on just a few rolls buying it domestically, and I can get it in ALL sizes/colors.

The most common size used is quite likely 1mm. It offers the widest array of colors and seems to be the most popular size in videos I have watched. I suppose that's why RML stocks it as their only full spool size. However, I ordered .6, .8 and 1.0 from RML in the small spools so I can compare and 1.2 and 1.4 from Abbey. Having sewn with .8 and 1.0 already, I see uses for having all sizes in stock, especially if one also happens to have pricking irons in different stitch lengths.

That being said, I suspect if you stocked whole spools of 1.0mm in cream, tan, havana, mid-brown, brown, and black - you would have a LOT of very happy customers. As long as you also stock John James needles to go with them. ;)

Edited by SmokeyPoint

I use mostly .8mm for bags and .6mm for wallets. And yes, I need to order again soon from Abbey England. Hopefully they'll let me pay... :-/

Hello Dustin,

I'd be happy to send you a yard or two of the colors I have of Ritza: I sell some of my excess ritza 1.0mm (purchased from abbey england by the spool) through my etsy store, so if you're interested just put in a "custom" request there and I'll send some over, no charge-- Having an easy state-side supply is well worth a couple bucks in shipping to get it to you. Here's my listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/240689473/lowest-price-10mm-ritza-25-tiger-thread?ref=shop_home_active_1

Edited by Jimdad

Removed...

Edited by SmokeyPoint

If Weaver Leather would sell the Ritza 25 Tiger thread 1.0mm on 500m full spools in different colors, I would be ordering from them all the time. I'm also guessing that any Tiger thread would be flying off the shelf like it's the end of the world.

yep Hooper26, that's my thought too. I sent him a couple of yards in each of the half dozen colors I stock. It's nice to get a few extra bucks selling my excess on etsy, but only because it offsets my initial outlay of funds.