Colt W Knight

Finished A Rifle Sling For A Friend

That is a real beauty. Letters look really good. There is nothing I can see about this sling not to like.

very nice Colt. Cheryl

Thanks yall

I take it you probably used your air brush to do the dye job? Turned out great.

I think he's going to have a problem with the fleece picking up every little thing it touches when he's out hunting. Think a long haired dog and trying to get begger lice, couckaburros and all the other things they pick up and needs to be cut out or picked out.

A pice of thin neoprene with suede over it would work better i think.

But it does look really nice.

I think he's going to have a problem with the fleece picking up every little thing it touches when he's out hunting. Think a long haired dog and trying to get begger lice, couckaburros and all the other things they pick up and needs to be cut out or picked out.

A pice of thin neoprene with suede over it would work better i think.

But it does look really nice.

I have no idea about the fleece picking up burs and such, it does make since. But regarding the neoprene idea, I did something similar on a sling I made my dad. I used an old computer mouse pad for padding and and just sandwiched it between two pieces of leather.

As far as the fleece picking up stuff as he walks through the woods, I don't think that will be a problem. The sling will be over the hunters shoulder not out in the open beating the brush. The only thing it will be touching is the hunter's clothes as he is walking. IMHO.

Thing is a person isn't going to carry it on their shoulder all the time. Part of the time their going to walk with the rifle in their hand. If he's going to use it in Arizona i'm not real sure what kind of bushes they have around there, but it dosen't matter woods or desert their are going to be dead leaves, bushes, pieces of tree bark and anything sticky that depends on seeding the next generation a lot of the plants have seeds that stick to anything that comes along and most of the are a PITA to get off of whatever they stick to. Make one and try it, it's gonna happen if your out in the woods, fields or desert.

Back a few years ago the big thing was a fleece lined guirt strap for horses after one ride through saw briars, begger lice or any kind of cucker burrs they were usless. To get the stuff out you had to cut it out and do it all over the next time you went riding.