FreeB

Help With Ordering Vergez Blanchard Pricking Iron

Hey guys, i just need some reassurance here.... I placed an order of 2 sets of irons with the dents inversee directly from philippe, the sales rep from VB, more than a week ago and have already tele-transferred the money. But i'm yet to receive an order nor shipping confirmation. I have been sending them emails but no reply yet.... is it something they normally do or are they having holidays or something? i'm starting to get worried now. : [

Hey guys, i just need some reassurance here.... I placed an order of 2 sets of irons with the dents inversee directly from philippe, the sales rep from VB, more than a week ago and have already tele-transferred the money. But i'm yet to receive an order nor shipping confirmation. I have been sending them emails but no reply yet.... is it something they normally do or are they having holidays or something? i'm starting to get worried now. : [

Hi FreeB,

Don't worry about Vergez-Blanchard. They have been on holiday for the whole of August. I ordered some pricking irons, including dents inverse, in early July and went to visit them in France while I was on business in Paris. Philippe explained that they would be on holiday and wouldn't be shipping my order until September. I got them this Thursday. It is likely that, with the demise of Joseph Dixon in England, Vergez-Blanchard is the only traditional maker of quality pricking irons and there is a huge backlog of orders, especially with their holiday break taken into consideration.

Not sure how good your French is, but Philippe only speaks French, so if you emailed in English, there may also be communication difficulties.

All the best,

Jerry

Hi FreeB,

Don't worry about Vergez-Blanchard. They have been on holiday for the whole of August. I ordered some pricking irons, including dents inverse, in early July and went to visit them in France while I was on business in Paris. Philippe explained that they would be on holiday and wouldn't be shipping my order until September. I got them this Thursday. It is likely that, with the demise of Joseph Dixon in England, Vergez-Blanchard is the only traditional maker of quality pricking irons and there is a huge backlog of orders, especially with their holiday break taken into consideration.

Not sure how good your French is, but Philippe only speaks French, so if you emailed in English, there may also be communication difficulties.

All the best,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry for your reassurance! I was dam worried considering tele-transfer isn't the most secured kind of payment method! ; P... and yeah, I always google translate the keywords to French when I email Philippe, though he only replies in French...

are the inverse irons the same price as the regular? Fine leather working sells one but in only one size and they are pricier than the regular irons.

Email VB and they will give you a quote ; ]

I actually haven't used a European pricking iron before. Wondering how is it like using the inverse irons, like in terms of ease of use, would it be difficult to align the stitch markings with the normal ones on the front side when you put the two pieces of leather together? any tips?

Hi FreeB,

All the best,

Jerry

I actually haven't used a European pricking iron before. Wondering how is it like using the inverse irons, like in terms of ease of use, would it be difficult to align the stitch markings with the normal ones on the front side when you put the two pieces of leather together? Any tips would be very much appreciated! : ]

Whoops! Sorry: I've been out of the country and completely missed this. Did you pricking irons turn up and do you still need advice?