Uwe

How-To Video For Timing The Hook On An Adler 67/167/267 Class Machine

I made a how-to video for timing the hook on my Chandler/Adler 67-GK373.

The original post is deep inside another thread, and since the video may be of general interest, I decided to make a new top level topic for it.

The instructions and details are taken from the service manual for the Adler 67. Hook timing steps for Adler 167 and Adler 267 class machines are nearly identical.

Here's the video:

Edited by Uwe

OMG, you should be paid by each of the sewing machine sellers to produce a timing video for each machine. I think that payment should be a gift of each machine that the seller's have....

The video is so clear I could do the timing on that machine if I had one. I have a Pfaff-1245, Consew-206-RB5 and a Juki-441 (all are FERDCO). Let me know when you make a video for any adjustments on these.

Bob Stelmack

(BTW-the drop down guide for my Pfaff-1245 is a dream to work with, thank again.)

Congratulations to Uwe for making this vidoe! Excellent work, mein Heir.

This video tutorial should be a "sticker" so it won't disappear after new threads, or maybe make a sticker with "fixing" tutorials and collect all in one post.

This video really helped me a lot, and without seeing it, I would never dare to open my gearbox and probably make a mess.. but now. after this my machine is working again! :-)

Thanks again Uwe, this video is fantastic help, and very clearly explained! Lots of kudos for you! :-)

Excellent job there Uwe! Love the format.

If you don't mind, I'd just like to add that even with that hook point just "kissing" the needle, you'll burr up the hook. I suggest bending out the needle guard a touch to push the needle away from your hook. If you move up a needle size, it will magnify the issue. As a general rule on verticle hook machines, I always set the hook to just touch the needle, then guard it away from the hook point. On heavy work, that needle will deflect towards the left and rear. Having it rub the needle guard on the hook will "pre-bend" your needle just a touch so it will reduce skipping and thread breakage by pushing it towards your hook. Nicely done.

Regards, Eric

Thanks guys! I do hereby promise to make a hook timing video for any serviceable industrial sewing machine donation that shows up on my doorstep, haha!

Eric, my needle and bar had rotated slightly when I was adjusting its height. After fixing the needle rotation, the hook no longer touched the needle at all. Alas I didn't notice the rotation and slight touch until I was editing the video footage on the big monitor. At that point I was out of energy to re-shoot that segment and just made a little text annotation instead. I'll step up my precision a notch in the next hook replacement/timing video for my Consew 225.