KristenLeigh333

Techsew 2700 Or Techsew 2700 Pro

I am in the market for a leather sewing machine. I am thinking I would like the TechSew 2700 or the TechSew 2700 Pro. I am going to be sewing purses/wallets/bags etc. Any help or a word from someone more experienced in these machines would be great and help alot on my decision!

Thanks

Kristen

Hi Kristen, either package would be good for sewing purses, wallets and bags. The 2700 Pro comes with extra features such as a needle position motor, laser guide, swing down roller edge guide, flatbed attachment, LED lamp and accessories (needles, bobbins, thread). The standard 2700 package includes table, smartservo motor, and some accessories to get you started (needles and bobbins).

There's a chart comparing the 2 options on our website at the following link:

http://shop.raphaelsewing.com/images/cylinder-machines-compared.jpg

Feel free to give us a call with any questions !

Ron

One little problem I have with the Techsew packages is the lack of a speed reducer. When slowing a machine way down, the speed reducer increases the motor speed three times which gives more torque, which not only makes control easier, but allows for more power to go through multiple layers of leather. The brushless motors that come with these are a little puny in the low end torque department, and with no speed reducer are more so. Brushless motors are pretty much digital and are a PIA to adjust speed on. I prefer the brush motors that just have a knob to crank for speed control. If you are into the needle positioner thing, a speed reducer may not be necessary as one stitch at a time is pretty easily accomplished. I have a big Highlead 441 that I run with a Ho Hsing i90 without a speed reducer. I use the 550W, the 750W doesn't seem necessary. Of course there are a dictionary of parameters to set on the needle positioning motors, but not any real problem, and you can count on the dealer for help there. You should really twist the dealer's arm to get you what you want. Selecting dealers is pretty easy, based on where you live. Where are you located?

Art

One little problem I have with the Techsew packages is the lack of a speed reducer. When slowing a machine way down, the speed reducer increases the motor speed three times which gives more torque, which not only makes control easier, but allows for more power to go through multiple layers of leather. The brushless motors that come with these are a little puny in the low end torque department, and with no speed reducer are more so. Brushless motors are pretty much digital and are a PIA to adjust speed on. I prefer the brush motors that just have a knob to crank for speed control. If you are into the needle positioner thing, a speed reducer may not be necessary as one stitch at a time is pretty easily accomplished. I have a big Highlead 441 that I run with a Ho Hsing i90 without a speed reducer. I use the 550W, the 750W doesn't seem necessary. Of course there are a dictionary of parameters to set on the needle positioning motors, but not any real problem, and you can count on the dealer for help there. You should really twist the dealer's arm to get you what you want. Selecting dealers is pretty easy, based on where you live. Where are you located?

Art

Our 1HP / 800W SmartServo motor gives plenty of torque even at low speeds but we do offer a speed reducer as an add-on if the customer wants it.

cheers!

Ron

Good to hear Ron, is the 800W motor standard, or an upgrade? If standard, you probably don't need the speed reducer on the 2700. Like I said, work with your dealer to get what you want.

Art

Good to hear Ron, is the 800W motor standard, or an upgrade? If standard, you probably don't need the speed reducer on the 2700. Like I said, work with your dealer to get what you want.

Art

Our 1HP / 800W motor comes standard with the 2700 and most other machines.