Sign in to follow this  
Rawhide

8 1/2 x 11 notepad cover.

Just about finished this one up. Have a look and comments and critiques are always welcome.Thanks,

Just about finished this one up. Have a look and comments and critiques are always welcome. Sorry for the bad photos, I'll get good at taking pics one day.Thanks,

DSCN0519.JPG

post-3307-1228279057_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rawhide

I like it... I like the cougar

now I really need to get to work on the one I was working on...

interior

Interior.JPG

post-3307-1228279688_thumb.jpg

Looks great! Did you hand sew that? If so, how long does it take you to sew a piece like that? What part of Ft. Worth do you live in? My parents live in Keller so I will be heading over there for Christmas.

You have really manage to get that clean nice look Marlon, love the swivel knife work on the inside:-)

Thanks everyone.

tgardner,

I did hand sew that. I can hand sew about an inch a minute, so collectively it took me about an hour and a half to stab the holes and sew it up. I live in west fort worth near Aledo and Willow Park.

Really cool cougar!

What weight of the leather did you use on the parts?

Also, is this a highly requested item? I have seen a few in the last month or so on here.

Thanks for sharing!

Allen

Really cool cougar!

What weight of the leather did you use on the parts?

Also, is this a highly requested item? I have seen a few in the last month or so on here.

Thanks for sharing!

Allen

Thanks Allen,

The outside cover is made with 6 oz, and the liner is 2 oz, the pockets are 4 oz. I haven't had many orders for these. This is a gift piece though.

Thanks for the info!

I prolly make one soon. After I make a man purse, koozie, a couple wallets, a belt, carry case for my daughter(s) Nintendo DS, a three ring binder and tool/assemble the Tandy Clarissa purse kit my brother brought over last night for me to do for his wife! LOL :lol:

Allen

Hi Marlon, Nice notepad cover! :thumbsup: I think you did an exceptionally nice job with the eyes - they look great!

Crystal

I love anything with a cat on it...but I'll add that I think you did a great job too. Aside from the eyes, I also think the nose came out really well, inc. the coloring. I like the overall style of the cover, with the way the spine overlaps for example, and the interior. The only thing I think needs a little work is blending in the white part of the coloring. It's a very bright white compared to the rest of the coloring.

I love anything with a cat on it...but I'll add that I think you did a great job too. Aside from the eyes, I also think the nose came out really well, inc. the coloring. I like the overall style of the cover, with the way the spine overlaps for example, and the interior. The only thing I think needs a little work is blending in the white part of the coloring. It's a very bright white compared to the rest of the coloring.

I know. I was having a problem with the blending of the white. I used cova for the white and spirit dyes for the rest and I didn't dilute the cova well enough. I hope to get better at it. This is maybe my third or fourth piece of actually coloring leather with dyes. (I wish I was Peter Main or Silva Fox sometimes.)

Crystal, the eyes were dyed with diluted yellow dye and USMC black, and added a few drops of Neatlac once the dye was dry.

Edited by Rawhide

Marlon, Very nice piece! I was kind of shocked to learn that it is all hand stitched. I have a pretty decent machine, and my sewing still doesnt look that good.LOL Very impressive.

Sweet! Another fine piece of work Marlon! I like the simplicity and the nice finger cuts inside AND... all the rest of it!!

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Marlon, Very nice piece! I was kind of shocked to learn that it is all hand stitched. I have a pretty decent machine, and my sewing still doesnt look that good.LOL Very impressive.
The handstitching isn't that bad if you have a stitching horse or stitching clam. If you do it like the Al Stohlman book on handsewing shows, you get a good rhythm going and it goes pretty quick and they look even.
Sweet! Another fine piece of work Marlon! I like the simplicity and the nice finger cuts inside AND... all the rest of it!! :You_Rock_Emoticon:
thanks Bree. Edited by Rawhide