Oakley

Pfaff 345 Stitching Length Problem

Hello,
I bought a Pfaff 345, unfortunately I've got a small problem with the stitching legth adjustment.post-11296-0-86623300-1443022024_thumb.jpost-11296-0-64846700-1443022046_thumb.j

I can't turn the knob stronger than 2mm. Does somebody knows how to solve that problem. In the pictures you can see the longest and the smallest length adjustment, possible at the moment.

Thank you.

Regards,

Oakley

does the knob on that one turn loose, if so that maybe the problem

maybe it is factory set to this stitch length - I´d try to disassemble the adjustment knob maybe there is just something clogged up. I´d also remove the plate left of the knob and check if something blocks the knob.

I found the problem. The threaded rod is faulty in the last few turns, which prevents the knob from turning. I try to find this part as a spare one, unfortunately it's not a standard thread which would make it much easier.

where are you from okley? because if you are in the UK an old skate from the stanley nº 50 plane has the same thread. you find them a lot on ebay and i am sure at car boot sales also. you can see it here, good luck, jimi.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=55790&hl=+pfaff%20+335%20+journey%20+the%20+unknown&page=2