Beewoman

Help Singer 45K1 Shuttle Bobbin

Hi, I bought a Singer 45k1 yesterday and having got it home I cannot remove the shuttle bobbin.

The manual says to "take hold of the knob, pulling it slightly towards you in order to release the shuttle guard ring"

The "knob" will pull (it seems a bit wobbly/loose) but does not release the shuttle guard ring. As it seems loose I dont want to pull it too hard - but what am I doing wrong????? Pulling my hair out here guys!!!!!

You want to remove just the bobbin not the whole shuttle, right? Put a screw driver between the shuttle housing and the small tab left of the housing then push the screw driver carefully to the left.

post-31854-0-45562700-1443246421_thumb.j

post-31854-0-81438900-1443246429_thumb.j

post-31854-0-80598300-1443246435_thumb.j

I see now your machine has a different type of bobbin than I was thinking about.

Edited by dirtclod

Hi dirtclod, the shuttle guard ring moves over to the side to let you in to the shuttle, letting you open the shuttle barrel to pop the spool out. you can see this explained in the manual. http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=61619&hl=%2Bsinger+%2B45k+%2Bmanual. regards jimi.

THanks for your responses :) It was the shuttle guard ring that wouldn't move. In the end I had to loosen the screw - seems it had been rather enthusiastically tightened.