dfrensdorff

Some New Spur Leathers

Hello All...I had some time and needed to make something for a friend who helped on our ranch this summer putting up hay......a pretty basic set of spur leathers.......Herman Oak.....Watt Buckle....Mont. Silver "C" ....NF Oil/Sno Seal. Critique away! ......... Don

0d3c96c3-b410-4621-b43b-0fb95a6a7630_zps

they look great!!! what did you use to cut them out with? and if i may ask, what kind of dye did you use?

Thanks.......I cut them out by hand......Craftsman trimming knife with curved blade. No dye ... the Neatsfoot oil darkens the Herman Oak it to that shade and the Sno Seal waterproofs them.

Don,

Those look great. I like the simplicity. Right or wrong, I always punch a small hole (#2 usually) at the other end of the slot for stress relief. Are they lined or just stitched for appearance?

Randy

Don,

Those look great. I like the simplicity. Right or wrong, I always punch a small hole (#2 usually) at the other end of the slot for stress relief. Are they lined or just stitched for appearance?

Randy

Thanks ....... I like the idea of a small hole at the end of the slot. I have seen that before. I'll use it next time. The Herman Oak leather I had for these was only 5 oz. or so....so I doubled it up....so yes, I guess they are lined with Herman Oak.....stitching was necessary.

I had to look up and confirm that this was indeed for spurs. Some really nice work! The metals used really compliment the leather work.

I got some of those Watt buckles a while back, but haven't used them, I definitely will put another set of spur straps on my to do list including those. I had a feeling they would look pretty good, and they do. Good job.

Mark