I have most of the guns I think I need. Occasionally, someone wants a holster for a gun I don't have a dummy for.

I sometimes just let it go, if it's not one I think I would use more than a couple of times. But I've wondered before if a "swap meet" type thing was possible around here. As in people who are interested could actually swap guns (dummy guns) for a week (ish).

Now that I've written it out, I suppose that would require more personal integrity that what is commonly found these days. Oh, well.. guess I'll go buy a couple more that I'll use maybe twice :rofl:

Actually I think in this venue for the most part it might work. We do it in the forums where everyone sees whats going on. I have loaned a couple of my blue guns to people i have never met and only communicated with on these forums. They have paid the postage both ways which cost them about $11.00 total. I had my blue gun gone for a week or so and it was returned in the same condition. It did not cost me a dime to give some one a helping hand. Every time I have done it everything went smoothly.

For someone who does an occasional holster (would like to do more) Camano Ridge suggestions works great for me. I cannot justify the purchase of a dummy gun at this time so I build around the actual gun, not real comfortable keeping a customers weapon and sometimes they are not as comfortable as well. The ability to obtain a dummy gun for two way postage is great and I could replace a dummy gun a lot quicker than I could a regular gun if, heaven forbid, any damage did occur. Might be nice if there was a list of generous makers who were willing to help the less fortunate.

I've done it, and there ARE a few boys you kin trust. I like the dummy guns myself. Always somebody wanting to bring me a gun, but truth is if I see somebody coming up the sidewalk with a gun it's not gonna go well ;)

These dummies you kin stick in a priority mail box and have it about anywhere in the US in a few days. I got one now, guy wants a holster PATTERN made up, for a gun I've never dealt with before.

Now, I could just have him buy the dummy gun and send it, since I assume that if he wants a pattern - then he probably has use for the gun! And there IS a blue gun for that model. Makes more sense, HE buy that Rings gun, send it to me, and I return it with the pattern (which I have done in the past).

I have also charged more than that to COMMISSION pattern making for others. I get the dummy gun, and the right to make that holster, but the PATTERN is theirs - I don't sell or share it with anyone else (you may have seen my Boberg examples).

Them dummy guns things is only $50, so we're not talking about life-altering, mortgage the shop type money. Still, $50, $50, $50.... you guys know the routine :)

Edited by JLSleather

Remember to that there are very few dummy guns that can't be resold. So if you buy a blue gun make a holster then turn around and sell it for $10 or 15.00 less then you paid for it, it works out about the same as if you had borrowed one and paid for shipping. Also if you priced your holster figuring in a little for the blue gun you may not be out much at all.

True. I'm just considering the 'wisdom' in 5 of us all having the same 'dummy' sitting on a shelf somewhere, because we found it helpful to have. Once. :)

IIRC, Rob used to rent blue guns. Looked on the site and could not find any info now. Not sure if he still does that or not. A few I could live without for a week or so. But some I absolutely could not. And a couple I could probably live without permanently. Anyone need to buy an R51? lol Meh, maybe I'll keep it mine shoots well enough.

Sounds like an awesome idea to me... I'm sure the particulars could be worked amongst the parties involved...

Well, how bad does THAT suck? Talked about it so long I forgot which gun I needed. :rofl:

JLS have a shot of whiskey, when your memory comes back let me know what you need.

Jay Nelson on Facebook rents them.

Nah... think if I was gonna pay to rent it, then pay to ship it (and I assume, pay again to ship it back) might just as well go buy my own.

Actually, though, I been hopin' somebody would say... Got any PX4 full-size? Jus so I kin say "go fish"! ;)

I got PX$ full size and compact.

I got the dummy mag, so maybe the gun is here somewhere ? :rofl:

I have got a couple that I would be willing to loan.

Maybe a list of who has what gun could be pinned somewhere so that we could go there when we needed one.

Anyhow if someone is making a list of lenders please add my name

rick

Funny! I can't even find the list of what I OWN!

Hi Everyone,

I have about 60 Blue Guns. I would be up for a "Loan out" for someone on most I have. If there is interest I can work up a list next week.

BTW, Does anyone have a PX-4 "Compact"

Rick

Scott said he got one (see post #14).

Not sure what happened to my post I sent him a PM then posted here an houror two ago that I had sent a PM

Anybody got a Glock 42 with LaserLyte?

I am looking for a Sig P238 with crimson trace laser if anyone has one

Any Sig Mosquito folks out there?

No mosquito? How about folks with Boberg mags?

Alrightey then ;)

No Glock 42 / LaserLyte

No P238 Crimson Trace

No Sig Mosquito

No Boberg mags.

Maybe we all got the same dummies? :blush: