JLSleather

Idiot Test (Failed)

TOO many hides on the table all at one time. 6' long aluminum 'ruler' stuck between them, and when I went to pull it out (which,it occurred to me might not be the best way to do it) ... yeah..you guessed -- weight came down on the ruler (other hide moved) and put a GOUGE across a 7/8 oz H.O. back.

Good thing I can use it for holsters, cuz there's about 14" across that hide (about half of it) that isn't useable for belts any more. Slash right across the hide, pretty much in the middle.. :head_hurts_kr:

That pretty much sucks! But I'll bite the bullet and for a very small disposal fee I'll take that trash off your hands...

Edited by ChriJ

;) Still good for belts, long as your belts are about 30" long! Or, since the gouge is across teh hide, I guess instead of 10 belts, feller could make 20 pet collars!

What sort of gouge?

Get a "busy" makers stamp or invent a fashion brand name, thump it over the damaged piece and sell the belts as "fashion".

Cheers?

Failed? I think I passed most idiot tests I've ever had. Yep, my status as an idiot has repeated confirmation.

You should send it to me, I can use it for the cattle GPS collars I make. Cows don't complain about cosmetic stuff.

grumpy%20cow_zpsxqguah1m.jpg

That cow looks angry, was the collar made from one of his friends?

Grumpy cow could go viral.

Grumpy cow could go viral.

That is what the gals up at the extension office dubbed her. The department got a kick out of her at my seminar presentation.