David

Newest seat

Amaral,

Any kind of oil will darken leather. Mink oil, neetsfoot oil, or Lexol they will all darken the leather.

As far as water PROOFING.... I don't think anything makes the leather impervious to water. Except for NeatLac, but I hate that stuff. It can crack and peal off. All of the products you mentioned are better than nothing. Pecards is as good as any, I use Aussie Conditioner which is very similar to Pecards.

As far as you staining products that you mention, I can't speak to them, most are the EcoFlow stuff that Tandy makes and I don't use it.

Hope this helps.

Dave Theobald

You help a lot.

Since I'n a newbie, Tandy´s stuff was my first option. I will try some spirit base staining this time. Could you give me any sugestions or tips about these products (high lights, dyes, antiques and etc...?). I live in Brazil, but I can get almost everything from the USA.

Thanks for your time and atention.

Edited by Amaral

You help a lot.

Since I'n a newbie, Tandy´s stuff was my first option. I will try some spirit base staining this time. Could you give me any sugestions or tips about these products (high lights, dyes, antiques and etc...?). I live in Brazil, but I can get almost everything from the USA.

Thanks for your time and atention.

For the dyes and antiques, I use Fiebings.

The dyes, I spray on with an airbrush...except for black which doesn't matter

The antiques, I clean leather first with deglazer, then oil, wait 24 hours, dampen leather with water, and use anitque paste, I remove excess with a damp sponge.

Dave

For the dyes and antiques, I use Fiebings.

The dyes, I spray on with an airbrush...except for black which doesn't matter

The antiques, I clean leather first with deglazer, then oil, wait 24 hours, dampen leather with water, and use anitque paste, I remove excess with a damp sponge.

Dave

Dave,

Thank you! I already have the fiebing´s antique gel. I will order the dyes.