That is very very sweet! Stitching is immaculate.Nice watch too!

No room for error in making a good watch strap

You have done a fine job here, looks great with that watch face

Edited by WScott

No room for error in making a good watch strap

You have done a fine job here, looks great with that watch face

Thank you.

I look forward to the day when I can zoom in to my stitching that close and feel confident knowing what others will see. Really nicely done. I love the color combination, red and black has always been a preference for me.

YinTx

I look forward to the day when I can zoom in to my stitching that close and feel confident knowing what others will see. Really nicely done. I love the color combination, red and black has always been a preference for me.

YinTx

I was lucky on that one. I'm struggling a lot with my new thread (lin cable) and thinner leather.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=66636

I think you got the hole size/thread size matched up well, which really helps getting both sides to lay correctly. I read your other thread.. on thread...and there are multiple ways of doing it as 25b mentioned. You can get both to work, some prefer one method over the other.

I think the comment on you having needle positions incorrect at one point was right, it seems you have that corrected. You have great stitching now, so don't give it up. It can be frustrating, I know the routine, all you have to do is look at my threads here as I struggled through the process, but I got better so now my stitching at least doesn't embarrass me. A long ways to go though, and more practice for me to get there. The most difficult thing for me to stitch so far has been thin soft leather. Haven't nailed that one down yet.

Anyhow, it looks really good from here, keep up the good work. and I've heard it said that stitching a row across the strap can weaken it and cause it to break, particularly along the buckle as you have done. just food for thought.

YinTx

I think you got the hole size/thread size matched up well, which really helps getting both sides to lay correctly. I read your other thread.. on thread...and there are multiple ways of doing it as 25b mentioned. You can get both to work, some prefer one method over the other.

I think the comment on you having needle positions incorrect at one point was right, it seems you have that corrected. You have great stitching now, so don't give it up. It can be frustrating, I know the routine, all you have to do is look at my threads here as I struggled through the process, but I got better so now my stitching at least doesn't embarrass me. A long ways to go though, and more practice for me to get there. The most difficult thing for me to stitch so far has been thin soft leather. Haven't nailed that one down yet.

Anyhow, it looks really good from here, keep up the good work. and I've heard it said that stitching a row across the strap can weaken it and cause it to break, particularly along the buckle as you have done. just food for thought.

YinTx

Yes thin leather is my biggest problem. And i like to do watch straps and wallets. Padded watch straps are relatively thin where i stitch (around 2mm) and The back of my wallets (where i put a strip) are also around 1,8-2mm. Where he told me my needle position was wrong i used the same position as always, but i tried to "cast the stitch" there. Which i have done on this black strap, but the leather was firm and a little thicker, then it works.