AGreenSmudge

Just Finished My First Legitimate Holster.

Only to find that the opening isn't quite high enough to safely cover the trigger.

Oh well, it was a good exercise.

i-VPW554Z-L.jpg

It's still a handsome holster. Perhaps it will seat better if you removed the light and tested?

Very nice work. I especially like the finish you put on it.

It's still a handsome holster. Perhaps it will seat better if you removed the light and tested?

I'm not sure it'd change too much. In the pic the end of the barrel and slide is as far into the leather as it is going to go. I imagine with ear in over time it'd sit in deeper, but not much.

I did specifically make this holster to accommodate the light, thought. So it would make it mostly pointless as I already have professionally made holsters for the gun entirely by itself.

Very nice work. I especially like the finish you put on it.

Thanks!

It turned out better than I expected. I didn't want it to be perfectly even because I think that looks boring over large unstamped surfaces, but I have had trouble with even dyeing on large surfaces.

It turned out better than I expected. I didn't want it to be perfectly even because I think that looks boring over large unstamped surfaces, but I have had trouble with even dyeing on large surfaces.

Get a pan and dip dye it, . . . that'll even up the whole thing for you.

I won'd dye anything any other way unless it is a custom dyed piece.

May God bless,

Dwight

Looks like the trigger itself is covered which is the most important part but Looks like the rearward portion of the triggerguard is exposed. I can see where it might be a concern for a piece going to a customer but for personal use as long as the trigger itself is covered I wouldn't sweat it too much and go ahead and use it. I'd be more concerned with retention as it doesn't appear to have a lot of molding and I'm wondering how well it will stay in it's holster.

Stu