Billy Hell

45. Auto Threeperson's Holster

I had cut this a while back and never tooled it. I took a little time to finish it.

post-37910-0-11576800-1444596743_thumb.j

post-37910-0-87980600-1444596747_thumb.j

Very nice work there Billy Hell.

Here is one that I did years ago when I was just starting leatherwork. I took a photo of the Tom Threepersons original holster made for the .38 special. I then traced the carving and printed it out and put it on tracing paper. I then copied that to the leather. It is very close to the original that was made by S.D. Myers Saddlery in El Paso Texas around 1920.

IMG_1302.jpg

Nice! My brother saw the one posted above and I think he wanted it but he carries when he hunts and I want to make sure there is a strap on there for climbing through fences and such.

Both of those holsters look great, you guys do nice work.

Stu

Billy Hell, that holster is too beautiful to be going through fences and brush and whatever. You really have the carving down. I'm very impressed. In my opinion it is easy to tell when someone has mastered carving. That is by the knife work used for accents. Very nicely done. I'm sure your brother will treasure that holster. If you get a chance, take a look at my "Hand of God" rig on this Show Off forum.

And Stu, thank you for the kind words.

Larry

Edited by Larry

Very nice looking holster Billy. Using a seeder for background is a cool idea and it looks nice.

Thank you sir! I wish I could find a three hole seeder. That would be interesting.

Ok, With that 1911 and the Holster combo it needs to go to a BBQ. That's nice work.