Sign in to follow this  
ocean

Brand New 206Rb-5 Anybody Had This Problem With Bottom Bobbin?

Just got this beauty and everything is fine except the bottom bobbin would not come out easily. It barely hits the part just above it that holds the feed dog, and would not come out. It does come out at certain feed dog position, when it is at it's top back position. It is OK if it is the way it is, but I have never seen a machine where you need to do this in order to get the bobbin out.

Found one answer to the problem that I had in the past - machine spins too tight? - slightly release the screw that holds the machine belt pulley or position the pulley further away from the machine.

Thanks..

My consew 206 has two alignment dots. One on the pulley wheel and one on the machine casting you need to align to remove the bobbin easily.

As I recall, I used to have to rotate the wheel on my National 300N walking foot machine to a certain position before the bobbin case would come out and go back in. That machine resembled a Consew 206RB5 and also had a horizontal shuttle shaft, like the Consew.

Thank you for replies. Good to know. It got quite better after a little use. Still need to position the feed dog a bit but not so much.