Ferg

The "free" Giardini Trial Kit

For any of you living in the USA interested in trying the Giardini edge paint. The FREE trial kit doesn't give you much plus the shipping to Ohio is just shy of $40.

ferg

If you have a suggestion for them, I can relay the message. The shipping is expensive but I don't believe they are trying to profit from the shipping charges; just covering their cost. Perhaps I can suggest smaller sample sizes?

By the way, my store sells some of their paint at the same retail prices and is a an option for those in the US and Canada. I have received very good feedback on the paint, and will be expanding the line of colors soon.

Thanks Matt,

Forgive my elderly brain. I forgot you were carrying some of the products.

Are you offering the "Free" kit? I wouldn't think so. lol

ferg

If you have a suggestion for them, I can relay the message. The shipping is expensive but I don't believe they are trying to profit from the shipping charges; just covering their cost. Perhaps I can suggest smaller sample sizes?

By the way, my store sells some of their paint at the same retail prices and is a an option for those in the US and Canada. I have received very good feedback on the paint, and will be expanding the line of colors soon.

Have the brown paint from you and really like it. Looking forward to more colors though like you mentioned.

This is the best leather edge paint hands down IMHO. I have no connection just a very pleased customer!

Matt ... Any chance you could work a deal with Giardini to send you sampler kits as part of your regular orders with them? It would probably be a minimal addition to your shipping costs .. and NA customers would see far less shipping expense ! .. Even if you charge a small handling fee, it would likely be a good deal for us, and a good sales tool for you.

Just a thought.

Bill

Hey Matt I bought my black paint from you but I need some light brown, the brown you have is a bit too dark for me unfortunately. Also a single 250ml bottle shipped to Canada was like $60CAD from Giardini so that wasn't an option. I ended up having to go with the regular brown and white to mix it with from fine leatherworking. Anyone know what type of paint they carry? it didn't say.

I'll be interested to know when you've increased your range of colors from them because shipping from Italy is bananas...

We are working on a solution for a better free sample option. RStevenson, If I had to guess which paint fine leather working is using I would guess Beraud, which is the supplier Hermes was using before they switched to Stahl. I can't say for sure though.

I don't know if it's possible, but when you stock more colors, I would buy 8-10 if they came in smaller bottles (1-2 oz, say). Even 4 oz bottles would be easier to swallow the cost of all at once. I'm making watch straps, so I really don't need a lot. Thanks!

I am now stocking the standard color set, which can also mixed to create any color on the Giardini color chart. Giardini is still working on getting the free samples to me - they are waiting for different size containers.

Izmarkie, thanks for the suggestion; I will consider this.

Black 11 has a higher concentration of pigment. Mixing black by itself will not be as intensely black, and using Black 11 for mixing will result in different color results.