fasn8ya

Techsew 2700 Constantly Out Of Time Also Can't Sew 138 Thread

i purchased a brand spanking new techsew 2700 back in April of this year (less than 6 months ago) .I was wondering if anyone could help or give me any tips on dealing with this incredibly finicky machine. Every time i have the slightest issue such as thread break the machine is thrown out of time and i have to readjust the hook timing. then i get it back to sewing and i have to be very careful and sew at the slowest speed and with only 69 or 92 thread or I'm in for trouble. i have tried everything i know to try to get it to sew 138 thread. i tried increasing needle size to 22 with the leather needle, lengthening stitch length and also using 92 in bobbin. nothing works. the machine is advertised at being able to sew 138 thread. I'm using no more than 2 layers of 4-5 ounce vegetan. most of the time its only one layer of vegetan and one layer of an exotic skin (thin) . I am sooooooo frustrated. Has anyone found that there is a difference in quality of the "clones" i just want to sew . i want to be able to change thread size with out being afraid . i want to not have to put this thing back in time so much. i feel like a mechanic now . I've been sewing for more than 30 years and i have never thrown a machine out of time.

Yikes. That doesn't sound very fun.

Have you called Ron over at Techsew to see about some customer support?

I use a #23 leather point needle to sew #138 thread in leather.

Edited by Colt W Knight

I've never had to re-time mine, three years. Check loose set screws, check clutch properly set or reset. Have you had a jamb or broken needle causing a jamb?

Call Ron as Colt says.

Tom

yes i have had jams and that is usually when it comes out of time. not big jams but just something that is cleared by cutting the thread and pulling out. Ive never broken a needle or anything like that. thats why I'm so frustrated. I don't think these types of jams should be throwing the machine out of time . also i notice when i lift my pressure foot up the tension disk don't move apart so that thread is easily pulled away. it takes a very strong pull even when it is supposed to be easy. could that have something to do with why my machine operates so poorly? i lost a business partner over this machine. she was so frustrated she doesn't want to do this anymore. so since i am the veteran sewer i brought the machine to my home (because i knew she just didn't know what she was doing) huh its giving me just as much trouble only i refuse to give up. I've watched countless videos and taught myself how to adjust timing. Is there any difference on quality of machines even if they all are clones? for instance will you have less trouble out of a cowboy, consew or juki all made alike? do the more well known brands use better parts than say my Techsew?

Edited by fasn8ya

You say a thread brake throws it out of time right? So I would guess either the safety clutch has released or some set screws on the hook driving gears are probably not tightened up properly. If it has the same safety clutch like the Consew 227 or Singer 111 models this Video should give you an idea:

Do you have a manual for your machine? Maybe this one helps, it´s from an Consew 227R2 which is about the same as your 2700 I think.

http://www.consew.com/Files/112347/PartsBooks/227R-2.pdf

i purchased a brand spanking new techsew 2700 back in April of this year (less than 6 months ago) .I was wondering if anyone could help or give me any tips on dealing with this incredibly finicky machine. Every time i have the slightest issue such as thread break the machine is thrown out of time and i have to readjust the hook timing. then i get it back to sewing and i have to be very careful and sew at the slowest speed and with only 69 or 92 thread or I'm in for trouble. i have tried everything i know to try to get it to sew 138 thread. i tried increasing needle size to 22 with the leather needle, lengthening stitch length and also using 92 in bobbin. nothing works. the machine is advertised at being able to sew 138 thread. I'm using no more than 2 layers of 4-5 ounce vegetan. most of the time its only one layer of vegetan and one layer of an exotic skin (thin) . I am sooooooo frustrated. Has anyone found that there is a difference in quality of the "clones" i just want to sew . i want to be able to change thread size with out being afraid . i want to not have to put this thing back in time so much. i feel like a mechanic now . I've been sewing for more than 30 years and i have never thrown a machine out of time.

Hello, please give us a call today so we can assist you. 866-415-8223

thanks,

Ron